• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Abe Drinkin

Beach Lover
Oct 22, 2005
atlanta
FDA has recalled all spinach, after the report of Ecoli bacteria in spinach! 23 people have been reported sick and 1 death from this! Do not eat any fresh spinach or fresh spinach that has been cooked! Stay tuned to the news for more details! First case was reported Aug 23rd; so this has been going on fopr a while! They have no idea where the problem source is coming from!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I heard that this morning. It includes even the pre-washed bagged spinach, so stay away, until further notice. The only way to kill Ecoli on your food is to cook it to a temp of 160 degrees and believe me, Spinach, cooked to mush, has very little nutritional value anyway.

TripleB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 15, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Anyone who wants a piece of Popeye...now's your chance!!!

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
FDA has recalled all spinach, after the report of Ecoli bacteria in spinach! 23 people have been reported sick and 1 death from this! Do not eat any fresh spinach or fresh spinach that has been cooked! Stay tuned to the news for more details! First case was reported Aug 23rd; so this has been going on fopr a while! They have no idea where the problem source is coming from!

Can you say "organic farming and immigrant laborers"?:bang:

Thanks for the thread! I tm'd my daughter while she was in class to make sure she threw away her spinach when she got back to her apartment.

BTW on The Today Show this AM, they said to wash EVERYTHING (not just spinach), even if it says it's triple washed. I always wash anything that can be practically washed (like tomatoes, apples, etc.) with antibacterial soap. I don't know of any practical way to soap down salad greens, broccoli, meat, etc.

Last edited:

amylouky

Beach Lover
Jul 7, 2005
Louisville, KY
okay, just have to share.. someone on fark.com came up with the following..

I'm Popeye the sailor man.
I cr*p and don't wash my hands.
My strength is diminished
cuz I ate the spinach.
I'm Popeye the sailor man!

(try not to sing it in your head)

Last edited:

Cheering472

SoWal Insider
Nov 3, 2005
okay, just have to share.. someone on fark.com came up with the following..

I'm Popeye the sailor man.
I cr*p and don't wash my hands.
My strength is dimished
cuz I ate the spinach.
I'm Popeye the sailor man!

(try not to sing it in your head)

How appropriate, somewhere in that song is a "toot toot". :D