• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

alexmarie

Beach Lover
Apr 20, 2007
I am sad to say that Doodle Harris has passed away. Funeral services are being held on Tuesday.

Santiago

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2005
seagrove beach
I think that everyone that really knew Doodle will agree that he will be remembered as a very kind, generous, charitable man. He went out of his way on more than one occasion to help me out with things that probably seemed small to him but were big to me. He never made me feel like they were small though. I think that Doodle genuinely liked to help people in any way that he could. He was the quickest guy that I have ever seen to pick up someone else's check in a restaurant. He will be missed. RIP Doodle.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Wow, this makes me very sad. :cry: He was a very sweet, kind, giving person. He will be missed. Prayers go out to his family.....

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
Very sad. Doodle has always been very kind to our kids and very generous with the schools and other charities in the area.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Doodle was one of those guys that always went out of his way to say hello. I did not know him very well but I truly admired his energy and his ability to always greet me when I saw him. He reminded me a lot of another great man, Cube McGee. My prayers go out to his family. He was a local legend and will be missed!:cry:

Last edited:

mandeharris

Beach Crab
May 8, 2008
Thank you from his Family

Thank you for your prayers at this difficult time. Your kind words mean so much to us. He died peacefully at Sacred Heart Hospital last night after battling Pulmonary Fibrosis for five years. His family was by his side. We are asking for donations to the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation in his name. A memorial fund is being set up with the foundation and information can be found at www.pulmonaryfibrosis.org. All arrangements are being made through Emerald Coast Funeral Home. He would have loved to read these threads.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
If he lived the good life which everyone says he did, he doesn't have to read them. He felt them all the while.