• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Busta Hustle

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2007
Our commissioners have seen fit to allow almost all major and minor changes to land use along 30-a when it comes to infill and ridiculously higher densities. In some cases as many as 14 units per acre give or take a couple. Our building department admitted not even knowing how many seawalls were installed after Dennis so I'm pretty sure no one in the county has a toilet count or vehicle count when all these units are built and occupied some summers day. Pro active people prepare for worst case scenarios. Reactive people decide to run sewer lines to below sea level beach front neighborhoods after septics wash out to sea and poopsicle beaches arrive on the scene.

Our commissioners have seen fit to allow almost all major and minor changes to land use along 30-a when it comes to infill and ridiculously higher densities. In some cases as many as 14 units per acre give or take a couple. Our building department admitted not even knowing how many seawalls were installed after Dennis so I'm pretty sure no one in the county has a toilet count or vehicle count when all these units are built and occupied some summers day. Pro active people prepare for worst case scenarios. Reactive people decide to run sewer lines to below sea level beach front neighborhoods after septics wash out to sea and poopsicle beaches arrive on the scene.
DO WHAT? 14 PER ACRE? Time for some insurgency?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
That's right, BeachRunner, NatureWalk Beach Club was approved to exceed the maximum density allowed in Walton County, and get this, it is in a neighborhood zoned Residential Preservation (RP), allowing a maximum of only one single family home per lot of record. In this case, it would normally be allowed for only four homes to be built. You can thank Commissioners Brannon:evil:, Pridgen :evil: and Jones :evil:for ignoring the Walton County rules, make that VIOLATING the Walton County rules. According to the rules, it is the Board of County Commissioners who are in charge of enforcing deed restrictions, and this is a case where they refused to do so. While you are busy cussing out the aforementioned commissioners, be sure to thank the two who voted against approving this craziness, Commissioners Commander:clap_1: and Meadows:clap_1:.

That's right, BeachRunner, NatureWalk Beach Club was approved to exceed the maximum density allowed in Walton County, and get this, it is in a neighborhood zoned Residential Preservation (RP), allowing a maximum of only one single family home per lot of record. In this case, it would normally be allowed for only four homes to be built. You can thank Commissioners Brannon:evil:, Pridgen :evil: and Jones :evil:for ignoring the Walton County rules, make that VIOLATING the Walton County rules. According to the rules, it is the Board of County Commissioners who are in charge of enforcing deed restrictions, and this is a case where they refused to do so. While you are busy cussing out the aforementioned commissioners, be sure to thank the two who voted against approving this craziness, Commissioners Commander:clap_1: and Meadows:clap_1:.
Okay. Thanks for the info. The insurgent will send them emails, even though I can't vote in Florida because I'm not a resident ... yet.

Like I've said before, money is power, and I have no power because I don't have big money. It's very frustrating when people who do have that power are allowed special privileges.:bang: