• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
luvthebeach said:
I don't understand what part of my message is inaccurate? I certainly hope and pray that you're right...that this walkover will once again be open and available to the public. Sugar Cliffs Owners Assoc. has fought long and hard (I believe they filed suit in 2002?) through their attorneys to claim abandonment, improper recording of the deed, etc. in order to seize the walkover. According to the the court document accessible at http://clerkofcourts.co.walton.fl.us (Case # 01CA000478, Sugar Cliffs Owners Assoc. vs. Walton County), the defendants (Walton County) and co-defendants (Carr, Cassine, etc.) failed to prove their case and the easement was turned over to SCOA. It was signed as official on May 30

I tried to search by the case number but nothing came up. You have to go to "Public Records", then "Official Records" and type in the Instrument Number 950244.

I did see the appeal recorded on June 8 (Instrument Number 951449). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the original ruling is overturned!

beachwatcher

Beach Comber
May 23, 2006
BMB
Smilin Joe is correct. It was built when dinosauers walked the earth and all county comms. were fighting the garbage wars in sowalco and we had landfills on 83, and off of 98 run by BFI. Thats when the One was built.

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
luvthebeach,
How is Doodle involved in this? Was he the developer of Sugar Cliffs?

Doodle, through a corporation called "Big Canoe, Inc., owned the land that is now known as Sugar Cliffs. It was formerly known as Dana Beach Subdivision.

Hmmm....how did Dana Beach Subdivision get it's name? Maybe from George Dana "Doodle" Harris?

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Been There said:
He has a sister named Katherine, but not Katherine Harris from Fla.

:welcome: Been There....have you Done That?

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Been There said:
Oh, Yeah!!

:clap_1: ...now you can get the t-shirt!!!! FUNN!