• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
Wow, been busy with my face while all this has been going on :rotfl:
So are we to assume that sas96 is Doodle with his 1 post? Personally, owning in one Doodle community and learning more than I ever wanted to know about what's promised and what's delivered, I wouldn't buy in another Doodle community.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
Anybody remember Doodles photo on the front page of the "Daily News" 20 years ago of him on his way to "Club Fed" with his starched shirts and golf clubs?
He's served twice for tax evasion.................
He will certainly go the extra mile to get what he wants !!!!

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Yes... so he was in jail, (my husband was in jail once for fighting in college, does that make him evil and nasty??? For those of you who know him, no way) .....so does that make him the only "evil" developer on 30-A??? No way....he is just an easy target.... I do not agree with all the things that he has done but at least the developments that he has done are nice (although Cork, I know what you mean about the "problems")...He has done things for the community and if buying uniforms for football teams to get a tax write off is bad well I donate money to the PBC mission just for a tax write off ........does that make me bad???? Donations are donations and unless you know him and his thoughts he may have donated the uniforms because he wanted to and he could afford it.... Just my 2 cents...:cool:
joho said:
Anybody remember Doodles photo on the front page of the "Daily News" 20 years ago of him on his way to "Club Fed" with his starched shirts and golf clubs? He's served twice for tax evasion.................
He will certainly go the extra mile to get what he wants !!!!

I spoke with the planning dept the other day. It appears that all of old seagrove is currently "Residential Preservation". Apparently because the lots along the beach in Old Seagrove weren't officially part of a subdivision(some of them were actually supposed to be a park!), which is part of the definition of Residential Preservation, the planning dept seems to think that it is ok to now make these lots Infill instead of Residential Preservation.

Once one (or in this case multiple) lots along 30A in Old Seagrove get reclassified Infill, you might as well assume they all will at some point. If something is classified Infill, then you can build multifamily dwellings.

Unless you want to see the beachfront of Old Seagrove turn into a wall of condos, please show up at the meeting on the 8th. It's our only hope of turning this around. If you can't make the meeting, please send a letter, via the planning dept, to the Planning Commision letting them know your views.
There's a similar meeting today at 5:30 at the Tourist Development Center (at the corner of 331 and 98). Someone on Eastern Lake Road is trying to build an 8 unit condo on .85 acres in the middle of single family dwellings.

If you're in the area, the more people that attend, the better. Or you can email Cindy Meadows at meacindy@co.walton.fl.us if you can't attend.

bdc63

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2006
Md for now, but dreaming of SoWal
Yes... so he was in jail, (my husband was in jail once for fighting in college, does that make him evil and nasty??? For those of you who know him, no way) .....so does that make him the only "evil" developer on 30-A??? No way....he is just an easy target.... I do not agree with all the things that he has done but at least the developments that he has done are nice (although Cork, I know what you mean about the "problems")...He has done things for the community and if buying uniforms for football teams to get a tax write off is bad well I donate money to the PBC mission just for a tax write off ........does that make me bad???? Donations are donations and unless you know him and his thoughts he may have donated the uniforms because he wanted to and he could afford it.... Just my 2 cents...:cool:

You're defending someone that went to jail for TAX EVASION? Twice?

Sandcastle

Beach Fanatic
Jan 6, 2006
Tallahassee, Florida
You're defending someone that went to jail for TAX EVASION? Twice?

I believe that Doodle simply refused to file tax returns. When the IRS offered to file them on his behalf, he refused to allow that as well.

I own property in one of his developments. There are a few problems, but the place is very attractive.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
I agree with you Sandcastle.
So far this year I am refusing to file mine :D
I believe that Doodle simply refused to file tax returns. When the IRS offered to file them on his behalf, he refused to allow that as well.

I own property in one of his developments. There are a few problems, but the place is very attractive.

spinDrAtl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005

Hmm, is this supposed to be some sort of political protest or fight against 'the man' from somebody who must have a gazillion dollars?
:dunno:

Sandcastle

Beach Fanatic
Jan 6, 2006
Tallahassee, Florida
Hmm, is this supposed to be some sort of political protest or fight against 'the man' from somebody who must have a gazillion dollars?
:dunno:
We all have our quirks. Some are a little more pronounced than others.:D