• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

incredible1

Beach Lover
May 7, 2007
Is this a 30a rumor?
Where can we find out details on this nutso project
TDC wants to build a double decker parking deck on grayton beach and a pier.

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Stone's throw from Inlet Bch
The pier is a project that the county is requesting to be funded by BP. See number three on the attached list of Walton County NRDA projects: http://fl-waltoncounty.civicplus.com/DocumentView.aspx?DID=3706
County commissioners have now selected the pier project as number one on their "wish list" for funding by BP. I understand that the pier is being proposed for Grayton Beach State Park and that the TDC has the plans for the project. Have not seen the plans, but I have not heard anything about a parking structure being part of them.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
grayton beach is leaving million of dollars of business on the table due to having possibly the worst parking on the panhandle.its crazy having maybe 50 parking paces for thousands of people a day. in the summer i refuse to go to grayton

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
The only way I go to Grayton during the summer is by bike or with a friend who has a handicapped sticker or beach permit on their car.

I don't want to be a parking arsehole and there are so few legitimate spaces that there is nowhere to park otherwise.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
The pier is a wonderful idea for Grayton Beach State Park but I do not know how it would work at Grayton Beach without the parking garage. The fish nursery is another brilliant idea. These ideas are almost too good to be true and the fact that BP would fund it is like some kind of fantasy. This is good stuff from the TDC. My apologies to any criticisms regarding the brand name changes!