• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
I have always seen the name around Sowal. KET had this show on last night and recorded it. So glad I did. What a wonderful person. Haven't gotten all the way through it yet, but it is so much more than I thought it would be. I thought it would be 'heavy' science, but what I've watched so far is so much more about the man. We need more people like him.
Ellen
Watch now: E.O. Wilson – Of Ants and Men | Preview | KET Video

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Fascinating guy who has contributed to science, and Walton County.
biophilia-center

Born June 10, 1929, in Birmingham, he grew up in several Alabama and Florida towns. He earned his bachelor's and master’s degrees in biology from the University of Alabama, and he earned his doctoral degree in biology at Harvard in 1955. A year later, he joined the faculty there, and today he is Pellegrino University Professor Emeritus and Honorary Curator in Entomology.
Dr. Wilson contributed to the development of new academic specialties in biology, such as chemical ecology, sociobiology, and genetic psychology. Through his studies and research, he observed that life on Earth as we know it is changing drastically as natural ecosystems disappear. By the late 1970s, his efforts in global conservation were well underway.
Dr. Wilson’s life work, academic excellence, and social contributions set our standard as we began creating the E.O. Wilson Biophilia Center at Nokuse Plantation and developing its educational programs.

E.O. Wilson Tells It Like It Is
"I have tenure. I've retired, and I'm turning 85 years old," he says. "I'm going to tell it like it is."