• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The SETUP:

[In a letter to homeowners dated 8/10/2005, regarding the 8/9/2005 decision of the Walton County Commission to make sewer service available to the residents of Gulf Trace]:

"I would like to thank all of the homeowners that got involved. Together we found an economically reasonable solution. It was an unfortunate time for Gulf Trace due to several local activists feeling the only way to solve a problem was to smear Gulf Trace. These people chose the low road, and it was a disgrace to witness." (emphasis added)
________

For reference, here is a collection of some the most recent available quotes from "The Earl", erudite as usual, expounding on locally important topics such as septics, erosion, driving on the beach, dune preservation, vacationers, and elected officials:
_______
James Earl Ray, who owns several properties in Gulf Trace, said the Walton County Health Department regularly inspected the wells in the subdivision and found no problems with the water there.

?I?ve never heard of a person to get sick from a septic tank,? Ray said. However, Walton County Health Director Jim Jones said at the meeting a failed septic system could cause a problem. ?Yes, there is a threat to the water,? Jones said.

________
James Earl Ray, who owns 10 properties in Gulf Trace, said that three of his septic tanks spilled raw sewage after Hurricane Dennis. Despite that, he has no intention to pay for water and sewer services. Instead, he will install a new septic system on his properties that he said will be less likely to spill in the event of storm damage.

"With the new system, we eliminate the drain field and we just have one pipe and the water comes out 99 percent pure," Ray said.
____
Ray said Wednesday that he opposes the ordinance because the county has no business making Gulf Trace property owners connect to sewer. He added that he thinks [Comm. Cindy] Meadows just wants to cause trouble for Gulf Trace with the ordinance.

"This is a private subdivision," he said. "The biggest mistake that the county made was electing a female county commissioner. She's all talk and no action."

Meadows laughed when told of Ray's comments. "To make this a personal and a sexist issue is almost as bad as letting your sewer run down into other people's lakes," she said. [edit: :clap_1: ]

Last edited by a moderator:

Sea Star

Beach Lover
Nov 17, 2004
Knoxville, TN
:eek: What is the deal with this guy? Is he a complete idiot, or does he just like to draw attention to himself? I read his statement yesterday on the board about burning tires on the beach and I almost fainted. What a JERK.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Whew....it was bad enough to read that stuff a little at a time, but this is hard to stomach. I hadn't seen the letter to GT homeowners and I am unfortunately not surprised by the content. He is a weasel. I am proud to have been a part of the threads discussing his actions. I applaud you Moondance. I'll be with you on whichever road you take!

Status
Not open for further replies.