1. Trouble logging in? Send a message with your username & email address for help.
    Dismiss Notice

Early Bird gets all the spaces. I guess

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by steel1man, Jun 2, 2014.

1. steel1man

steel1man Beach Fanatic

@6:30am already taken up with 16 umbrellas. But some want be used until 11:00am-12. Wasted space. #setalarmforsixoclock @bluemtbeach

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  2. NotDeadYet

NotDeadYet Beach Fanatic

3. steel1man

steel1man Beach Fanatic

I will ,, going to take a pic of their phone number now.then email. Thanks...it maybe ok for them to be there they just need to SPREAD out....

4. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

Just move them, I don't know of an ordinance that allows anyone or organization to claim a beach area for the day.

5. Seaducer

Seaducer Banned

you don't know of an ordinance that prohibits your appropriation of private property without consent?

6. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

If you think you own the beach to the water then you are on the wrong message board.

7. Seaducer

Seaducer Banned

I "think" you are such a one trick little pony you have no clue that private property doesn't always mean land.

Do you get to choose who can post what here? Because you always seem to be telling people what they may or may not post about

8. Leader of the Banned

Leader of the Banned Beach Fanatic

Truth be told, there are other boards where your misery is more likely to find some company.

9. UofL

UofL Beach Fanatic

what is the beach etiquette for sand chairs in the water? no, seriously. if we go to the edge of the water, 10 or more feet in front of umbrellas are we out of compliance? we could sit in the water for hours staring at it - especially since the 30A flags too often are yellow/red/double red.
    we look forward to our trips each year. we try to stay to ourselves. spend some money eating out. we have spent money at the Watercolor Publix but I think that's the only chain we spend money at when we come down there.
    we ride our bikes alot, stopping at stop signs, and actually avoiding the front of Seaside even though we stay there - unless it's real early in the morning. prefer taking Grove. Isn't Grove wonderful. That whole Seagrove stretch with all the trees. Sometimes it seems like it is 20 degrees cooler and you're on this wonderful adventure.
    Counting down. Ellen

10. miznotebook

miznotebook Beach Fanatic

Not sure about etiquette/courtesy if you would be setting up in front of people sitting in chairs, but the public is not restricted from setting up their own chairs at the edge of the water. County code requires vendors to set up their chairs and umbrellas a "reasonable distance" from the water.

11. Andy A

Andy A Beach Fanatic

What you and I consider a "reasonable distance" from the water the vendors obviously don't. They barely leave enough room to walk in front of the umbrellas and certainly not enough for people to set up chairs. Also, the number of umbrellas put up daily at Adagio is unbelieveable.

12. steel1man

steel1man Beach Fanatic

today at BMB
    Reasonable distance was about 5'. There were 19 umbrellas plus chairs spread out over 200' of prime shore line.set up at 6:30am around 11:00 a couple set up in front of one of the paid for umbrellas about at 1:00 ( 6 1/2 hours later) the renters came to use their chairs and told the couple to leave! You can imagine the conversation that erupted.renters moved their paid for umbrella. locals WON.

13. Seaducer

Seaducer Banned

truth be told having read a lot of your opinions I don't much care what you believe.

but if you think your obvious sense of entitlement makes it legal for you to take umbrellas and chairs
    that don't belong to you simply because you don't like what they are doing with them then at least
    have the guts to do it in front of the kid setting them up

14. Zebraspots

Zebraspots Beach Fanatic

Noone is advocating that people take chairs or umbrellas, they are just saying that someone actively using the beach trumps groups of empty chairs.

15. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

I'd really love for you to just post which beach service you represent.

That said no one is advocating taking anything. We are simply saying if no one is in the chairs move them.

16. Seaducer

Seaducer Banned

I don't own or work for any beach service, try not to be such a caricature

I simply am pointing out the ridiculousness of your tough guy attitude about other people's private property

honestly a couple of you seem to have the intelligence and ability to discuss of a petulant 5 year old girl

"if you think your obvious sense of entitlement makes it legal for you to take umbrellas and chairs
    that don't belong to you simply because you don't like what they are doing with them then at least
    have the guts to do it in front of the kid setting them up "

that includes picking them up and moving them without permission, unless you would approve of that happening to your car

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  17. Leader of the Banned

Leader of the Banned Beach Fanatic

I don't know what you are doing with your umbrella poles, but I can think of at least one suggestion.

18. Seaducer

Seaducer Banned

clever, you two must be the funniest kids in fifth grade

19. steel1man

steel1man Beach Fanatic

Coming soon to a beach near you. This is BMB
    @ 6:25am today. Let the War Begin:

image-1466246603.jpg

image-3458777117.jpg

20. Lake View Too

Lake View Too SoWal Insider

Thanks, Steel, you really put a conceptual problem into concrete visual terms. It is getting ugly out there.