• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
If you are interested in how the "easement process" on the HSDR (Beach Renourishment) project is moving below you will find the totals, percentages and remaining easements in the process.

This graphic included all returns received thru 8-7-215.

The '% No" is the percentage of the total easements within a "reach" and the "% No of Returns" is the percentage of No's for those actually returned.

Reach Analysis-8-7.jpg

Last edited:

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
This is what I was referring to when I said the project was a dead duck. Whatever the relative merits are/are not, the totals for no cannot be overcome.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
This is what I was referring to when I said the project was a dead duck. Whatever the relative merits are/are not, the totals for no cannot be overcome.

If you think this one is a "dead duck". You should see the poll on incorporation that was run 2 weeks ago.

Life isn't about waiting for the winds to change ...... it's learning to Adjust Your Sails !

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
It is really too bad that those who have recently bought have no idea of what transpired before them regarding help for the beaches. They are so caught up with their wealth and property rights they have no conception of what can and might happen to their precious property if Mother Nature does not receive help. Just answer me one question. What "Private Property" owners can I sue the next time a Dennis comes along and destroys my property that could have been protected with beach renourishment? It is too bad we have so many stupid people suddenly moving into SoWal.

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
It is really too bad that those who have recently bought have no idea of what transpired before them regarding help for the beaches. They are so caught up with their wealth and property rights they have no conception of what can and might happen to their precious property if Mother Nature does not receive help. Just answer me one question. What "Private Property" owners can I sue the next time a Dennis comes along and destroys my property that could have been protected with beach renourishment? It is too bad we have so many stupid people suddenly moving into SoWal.

Has there been a campaign by lawyers or others scaring people off this issue? In 2006, after storms, gulf front owners were screaming for beach nourishment. I agree with you Andy that the next storm that comes along of any size will wipe out half the gulf front properties and leave a 9 or 10 figure cleanup bill of debris. Half of it will be seawall parts.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
if you think this one is a "dead duck". You should see the poll on incorporation that was run 2 weeks ago.

Life isn't about waiting for the winds to change ...... It's learning to adjust your sails !

lol!

Show us the poll??

Last edited:

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
I have heard many reasons why there should not be any re-nourishment, but the one thing I have not heard is who is supposed to pay for repairing the damage from a hurricane. You can google pictures of the aftermath of Eloise, Opal, Ivan and others if you are interested. And as Andy points out, even small storms can be devastating in certain areas.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
NOTE: These were the poll questions. Respondents - 784 registered voters in precincts 510,520,530,540.

Q1. In general, do you think that things in South Walton are headed in the right direction, or have they gotten off on the wrong track? For right direction, press 1 For wrong track, press 2 If you don’t know, or don’t want to answer, press 3

Q2. Thinking about your overall happiness and satisfaction with living in South Walton county, would you say that you are: ​Very happy living here, press 1 ​Happy living here, press 2 ​Neither happy nor unhappy living here, press 3 ​Unhappy living here, press 4 ​Very unhappy living here, press 5

Q3. Given the way things are right now, do you think that South Walton County will be a good place for people to live in 10 years? ​If Yes, press 1 ​If No, press 2 ​If Unsure, press 3

Q4. How responsive do you think the five-member Walton County Board of County Commissioners, as a whole, is to the needs of residents of South Walton County? ​For very responsive, press 1 ​For responsive enough, press 2 ​For not responsive enough, press 3 ​For not at all responsive, press 4

Q5. In thinking about the taxes that you pay to Walton County, including sales and property taxes, would you say that Walton County taxes are: ​For too low, press 1 ​For about right, press 2 ​For too high, press 3

Q6. Now, we want to get your opinion about a new idea that some community leaders in South Walton are proposing. Some people think that South Walton County should become its own city or town, byincorporating area south of the bay. What is your level of support for this idea? If you support this idea, press 1 If you oppose this idea, press 2 If you are unsure about this idea, press 3

Q7. If you were asked to vote today on whether to incorporate a city in South Walton County, would you vote YES or NO. If YES, press 1 If NO, press 2

Q8. Now, we just need some basic demographic information to complete this survey. If you are: Between the ages of 18 and 25, press 1 Between the ages of 26 and 35, press 2 Between the ages of 36 and 45, press 3 Between the ages of 46 and 55, press 4 Between the ages of 56 and 65, press 5 Between the ages of 66 and 75, press 6 Over the age of 75, press 7

Q9. When it comes to politics, would you describe yourself as: ​Very conservative, press 1 ​Conservative, press 2 ​Moderate, press 3 ​Liberal or progressive, press 4 ​Very liberal or progressive, press 5

Life isn't about waiting for the winds to change ...... it's learning to Adjust Your Sails !

Last edited:

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
NOTE: These were the poll questions. Respondents - 784 registered voters in precincts 810,820,830,840 Q1. In general, do you think that things in South Walton are headed in the right direction, or have they gotten off on the wrong track? For right direction, press 1 For wrong track, press 2 If you don’t know, or don’t want to answer, press 3 Q2. Thinking about your overall happiness and satisfaction with living in South Walton county, would you say that you are: ​Very happy living here, press 1 ​Happy living here, press 2 ​Neither happy nor unhappy living here, press 3 ​Unhappy living here, press 4 ​Very unhappy living here, press 5 Q3. Given the way things are right now, do you think that South Walton County will be a good place for people to live in 10 years? ​If Yes, press 1 ​If No, press 2 ​If Unsure, press 3 Q4. How responsive do you think the five-member Walton County Board of County Commissioners, as a whole, is to the needs of residents of South Walton County? ​For very responsive, press 1 ​For responsive enough, press 2 ​For not responsive enough, press 3 ​For not at all responsive, press 4 Q5. In thinking about the taxes that you pay to Walton County, including sales and property taxes, would you say that Walton County taxes are: ​For too low, press 1 ​For about right, press 2 ​For too high, press 3 Q6. Now, we want to get your opinion about a new idea that some community leaders in South Walton are proposing. Some people think that South Walton County should become its own city or town, byincorporating area south of the bay. What is your level of support for this idea? If you support this idea, press 1 If you oppose this idea, press 2 If you are unsure about this idea, press 3 Q7. If you were asked to vote today on whether to incorporate a city in South Walton County, would you vote YES or NO. If YES, press 1 If NO, press 2 Q8. Now, we just need some basic demographic information to complete this survey. If you are: Between the ages of 18 and 25, press 1 Between the ages of 26 and 35, press 2 Between the ages of 36 and 45, press 3 Between the ages of 46 and 55, press 4 Between the ages of 56 and 65, press 5 Between the ages of 66 and 75, press 6 Over the age of 75, press 7 Q9. When it comes to politics, would you describe yourself as: ​Very conservative, press 1 ​Conservative, press 2 ​Moderate, press 3 ​Liberal or progressive, press 4 ​Very liberal or progressive, press 5 Life isn't about waiting for the winds to change ...... it's learning to Adjust Your Sails !
missed the renourishment question

Sent from my iPad using SoWal Forum