• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Travel2Much

Beach Lover
Jun 13, 2005
I am planning on hightailing it out of here tomorrow, having spent one too many nights in the bathroom with an axe.

I was planning on going back to my place in New Orleans, since it seems highly unlikely that it will be hit, and will be on the west side. Some things change obviously, and if contraflow starts there goes that idea too. Problem with heading west is that if NOLA is unavailable, I will either be in Dallas or Arkansas, which sorta sucks in a car with two cats. The NOLA radio says that there are no hotels in LA or Miss. but right now evacuations are voluntary.

So, now I am toying around with the heading eastbound option, depending on the path. I am totally unfamilar with these routes--how crowded they get, etc.

I am NOT asking people to tell me what to do, but since I know everything on the Westbound route in time like these and nothing on the East thought I might see if anyone has some input. :?:

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Travel2Much said:
I am planning on hightailing it out of here tomorrow, having spent one too many nights in the bathroom with an axe.:?:

:lolabove:

All joking aside, I'm in Montgomery and I believe there are still rooms available here. During Ivan, we had some heavy winds and rain but we were all safe. You ought to give that a shot. Maybe Birmingham or Auburn too.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I hear the surf is up in St. Augustine. Maybe a good day to think about vacationing there if you are heading east.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
We're headed to Jax beach! Hunker down everyone!

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
We're aiming for Jax as well. Figure the weather will be better than it would in Alabama or Atlanta, which are both going likely going to feel storm effects.

Travel2Much

Beach Lover
Jun 13, 2005
Hmmm. The newest warnings don't go into Louisiana (stops at the Pearl River) but they are still whining about contraflow tomorrow. Mobile will be a mess of traffic.

East sounds rational, but unfamiliar. Skeery.

I'll have an exciting time at the 331/10 intersection tomorrow. I feel like Tom Hanks at the end of Cast Away.