• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

gbdreams

Beach Comber
Nov 27, 2004
Grayton Beach
The nursery staff told us this weekend that they're closing for good in about a week. The proprieter told us that business was looking up this spiring, but when the Deepwater Horizon blew out, it was like someone turned off the lightswitch. What a loss to 30A and South Walton.

Besides being in a great location and having an extensive inventory, the staff is extremely knowledgable and has been very helpful to us. We'll miss them. They've been having a big sale for a week or so.

zip3

Beach Lover
Jul 24, 2010
I hate this. I love Eastern Lake Nursery. This shop really fit into Seagrove and will be missed. I hope they got one hell of a BP claim. I will be there tomorrow to buy some of my favorite things.

The nursery staff told us this weekend that they're closing for good in about a week. The proprieter told us that business was looking up this spiring, but when the Deepwater Horizon blew out, it was like someone turned off the lightswitch. What a loss to 30A and South Walton.

Besides being in a great location and having an extensive inventory, the staff is extremely knowledgable and has been very helpful to us. We'll miss them. They've been having a big sale for a week or so.

I agree and wish Randy Harrelson never sold out.The Gourd Garden was always a fun place to shop and get info.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
If you want local options, I've had good luck with the plants from Niceville Garden Center. And there's a place next to Fernleigh Antiques on PCB Parkway that had some nice-looking though somewhat limited stock.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Lowe's is fine I guess for bedding plants or flowers for pots and such. But most of their stuff is not native, and/or won't tolerate our growing conditions- I could see the same inventory at any Lowe's in the country. Plus their employees never seem to know much about how to grow their plants in NW coastal Florida.