• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
I'm not voting for Tony Anderson, but this was in my inbox today.
Thought I'd pass it on. I'm not sure how his campaign got my email
address, but I will be unsubscribing. Anyway, here y'all go:

New Leadership to Deliver Results for Walton County

Dear Neighbor,

On August 30, Walton County voters will have the opportunity to send a clear message to county government: that we want new, conservative leadership to address our county's challenges with urgency.

84b877dc-a3c0-45cb-a7ac-f384c0bdec71.jpg
As you consider the candidates, I'm writing to ask for your vote for Walton County Commissioner in District 5.

This is the first time I have run for elected office.

I grew up in Walton County, worked here my whole life, raised my three kids (Keagan, Logan, and Colby) here, coached Little League here for 15 years, started a business here, and go to church here.

I decided to run for County Commissioner because I believe it's time for true conservative leadership to deliver results in four areas of importance:

Improving infrastructure by securing emergency funding – without raising taxes – to create new turn lanes, pave roads countywide, manage storm water runoff and flooding, and create additional parking. You can read my detailed infrastructure plan, which focuses on urgently addressing the challenges we face, here.

Creating 2,200 new jobs over the next three years by matching the state's Rural Jobs Tax Credit for existing businesses that hire Walton County residents, aggressively promoting Walton County as a destination for new business relocation, cutting red tape for small businesses, and opposing any new taxes for small businesses and family farms. Read my jobs plan here.

Protecting our public beaches and our economy by passing a "customary use" policy to preserve the public's right to enjoy our beaches, creating additional public beach accesses, strengthening beach rules to crack down on inappropriate behavior, and using TDC funds to make sure rules are enforced and our beaches are cleaned. Check out my my 7-page beach protection policy framework here.

Cutting property taxes by controlling government spending, and by limiting the power of county government over our day-to-day lives.

I also have put forward six specific proposals to hold elected officials more accountable for their actions, and to provide taxpayers with a better understanding of how tax dollars are being used. I will work to introduce these proposals within my first six months in office.

If you agree that it is time to end politics as usual, that it is time to put conservative principles into action in Walton County, and that it is time to bring a new sense of urgency to addressing the challenges we face here in the county we love, I hope I can count on your support.

Thank you in advance.

Best,
Tony

Tony Anderson
Republican Candidate for Walton County Commissioner
District 5
www.ElectTony.com
On Facebook: www.Facebook.com/VoteTonyAnderson

– ENDORSED by Professional Firefighters of Walton County
– ENDORSED by Walton County Small Business Association

THREE WAYS TO VOTE

--- Click here to request an absentee ballot. Anyone can vote by mail!
--- Click here to learn about Early Voting, which begins on August 20.
--- Click here to find your polling place for Election Day on August 30.

Last edited by a moderator:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
@Jimmy T If you have ever sent an email to the BCC or county administration, your email address is a matter of public record.

I seriously doubt T. Anderson is bright enough to go phishing for that information but it's pretty obvious someone on his "team" has.

Last edited:

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
The use of "harvested email" addresses is against the law and the CanSpam provisions of the provider used by the Candidate. There is a box one must check indicating the person being added to the list has given permission to be contacted by the Candidate.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
The use of "harvested email" addresses is against the law and the CanSpam provisions of the provider used by the Candidate. There is a box one must check indicating the person being added to the list has given permission to be contacted by the Candidate.

In addition Facebook also has policies in place protect people from spam and other unsolicited commercial messages and has won several lawsuits.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
There is a simple answer to all of this. Keep the well qualified, experienced Commissioner you already have...Cindy Meadows. Another Anderson, who is better qualified than the one running.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I just looked at the promo folder of my email account and I got the exact same unsolicited spam mail from the Anderson campaign. Now his facebook page is filled with ....

13903264_10207226627687906_8907633988084786615_n.jpg

Last edited:

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Don't pay too much attention to emails. Consider the 8 years of dedicated service to this community that Cindy Meadows has performed, and you will know the right thing to do is vote for Cindy Meadows in the upcoming primary.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
I don't see what the big deal is as far as either campaign goes. E-mail is a way to communicate. I get e-mails from all sorts of people and companies. No different really than my physical mailbox being filled up with flyers every day from candidates. At least the candidates are making an effort to communicate their message to potential voters.