• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Although this will more than likely NOT relieve me of the 12 phone books I recieve from all those different telephone book companies throughout the year.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Does this mean that I will receive three less phone books next season? Talk about waste!

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
I know that some rely on these books for their business, but I could certainly use a lot less of them. So much paper going to the dumpster or recycle should be criminal.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
It may be easier to rely on google maps, which anyone can download the app to their smart phone and for example, type search "pizza," and all of the closest pizza places will show up on the map with a street address, phone number, and link to the website. You can just click on the phone number to call, without even dialing. Printed phone books are so yesterday.

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
The best phone book

It may be easier to rely on google maps, which anyone can download the app to their smart phone and for example, type search "pizza," and all of the closest pizza places will show up on the map with a street address, phone number, and link to the website. You can just click on the phone number to call, without even dialing. Printed phone books are so yesterday.
True enough, but not everybody walks around with a laptop ( or Blackberry). Embarq is the only book with ALL of the listed numbers. The others have differing policies on inclusion in the yellow pages. I know that Avalon Photo does not exist in some of the books because I did not buy an ad. Why would anybody choose a book that is incomplete? I wish this one would been successful instead of some of the (many) others.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
True enough, but not everybody walks around with a laptop ( or Blackberry). Embarq is the only book with ALL of the listed numbers. The others have differing policies on inclusion in the yellow pages. I know that Avalon Photo does not exist in some of the books because I did not buy an ad. Why would anybody choose a book that is incomplete? I wish this one would been successful instead of some of the (many) others.

They should have lowered their prices early on to get rid of those other competitors. Multi-year contracts, or something to lock people in.