• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

emerald sky

Beach Crab
Jun 10, 2009
Hello to all..
I am a neighbor from Gulf Breeze and have been vacationing in Destin. FWB and once in Seagrove....keep moving east and how beautiful it is....So we booked just today for this weekend a 1 bedroom condo at the Gatehouse at Watersound.
I cannot find any pics of the unit..just the one on the website...also is it too far to ride your bike to Seaside and Rosemary Beach? Any info on the best grocery stores to stock up for a few days? Thanks for all your help in advance...what a wonderful forum....I have been addicted since finding this

Emerald sky

shecrab

Beach Crab
Jun 1, 2009
Not sure of the property, great cycling, pretty much from end to end of 30A. Neat shops, be sure to check Fusion Art Glass Gallery in Seaside - incredable place if your into that stuff. There is a Publix just past Sandestin/Grand Blvd, and another even closer, more of a Boutique Publix on the road just after Seaside. It's a three way stop - make a left , maybe a mile or two up the road. Seaside has a cute market, good deli, steaks, wine, but pricier than the norm.

Hello to all..
I am a neighbor from Gulf Breeze and have been vacationing in Destin. FWB and once in Seagrove....keep moving east and how beautiful it is....So we booked just today for this weekend a 1 bedroom condo at the Gatehouse at Watersound.
I cannot find any pics of the unit..just the one on the website...also is it too far to ride your bike to Seaside and Rosemary Beach? Any info on the best grocery stores to stock up for a few days? Thanks for all your help in advance...what a wonderful forum....I have been addicted since finding this

Emerald sky

cooper

Beach Lover
Jul 14, 2008
A very comfortable 3 mile bike ride to Rosemary and about 5 miles to Seaside from the Watersound gatehouse (beautiful rooms - take time to walk/ride the watersound property while you are there). Usually need to reward oneself with a breakfast (Wild Olive, Cowgirl Kitchen, or Summer Kitchen at Rosemary personal favorites) to make sure you don't use up too many calories with the ride. Seaside also has several great places to eat breakfast (Amivida, Great Southern Cafe, Modica to name a few), and it's a lot easier to get around Seaside (and just west of that Watercolor) on bike than car. We started moving east from Fort Walton about 30 years ago and agree that the 30-a stretch is fantastic (don't tell anyone else!). There is a publix a couple of miles east of Rosemary on 98 that is a lot easier to get in and out of than the one by watercolor and seaside. Enjoy this weekend!

emerald sky

Beach Crab
Jun 10, 2009
Thank you all so much for taking the time to share the great info.
I am so looking foward to our trip this weekend...away from the hustle, bustle and traffic...:D

Thanks again
Emerald Sky

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Jul 16, 2005
Birmingham and Watersound
Emerald Sky, hope y'all have a wonderful time at Watersound, all of those units are very nice.

Be sure and do all of the walking paths in Watersound, there are some beautiful places around that you can't see from the streets, on the western border of the property next to Deer Lake is a beautiful preserve area with amazing views from the boardwalks. Don't miss the puttering park, dog park and yacht pond, the boardwalks to the beach are all amazing! Be sure and eat at the Watersound Cafe' which is in the gatehouse, they have fabulous food! My favorite for breakfast is the breakfast burritto, fresh salsa and sour cream mmmmmMMMMMMMM! Have funn!