• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Magee

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2011
Miramar Beach Florida
Over the last 20 plus years I have owned a large manufacturing facility in Walton County. My first concern has always been my employee safety health and welfare. As an employer it is my responsibility to ensure that I take all precautions to protect my employees.

I am bring this to your attention because I have added a link below of an actual situation for a first responder in Miami who was diagnosed with the Zika Virus, she was instructed to stay home away from work only to return and be told that her Workmen’s Comp. would not cover her lost wages. It is also questionable whether or not her medical bills will be covered under their insurance policy.

http://fw.to/GLCXLbH

So what can you do as an employer!

1. Check your Workmen’s Comp. insurance policy and health insurance policy make sure that you are covered in writing.

2. Ensure that your employees are properly instructed on how to protect themselves against mosquito bites in the workplace.

A. South Walton Mosquito Control would be more than happy to meet with you and your employees to properly instruct them on the protective measures to take while working outside. This is one of the many services that we provide daily. It is also available in Spanish lectures.

3. Always take the time to check your own business to make sure that you are not breeding mosquitoes that could affect your employees and possible customers. Protect yourself at all times.

Don’t become a casualty to this virus join us to be part of the cure!

The South Walton Mosquito Control welcomes the opportunity to meet and speak to your organization and to help everyone understand how we need to partner up to work together to keep your neighborhood and family’s safe. Feel free to contact me at any time 850-217-1135.

Respectfully, Commissioner John J Magee Seat 1 SWMC

South Walton Mosquito Control

http://southwaltonmosquitocontrol.org/

“Improving the Quality of Life in South Walton County”