• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

val

Beach Crab
Mar 17, 2008
suffolk united kingdom
hello to everyone, i have been totally enthralled with this site! spent the last couple of hours on here instead of ironing! I hope that someone may be able to help me. I am desperately trying to find a beach front long term rental. while i would adore to have one of the fabulous luxury homes that are provided they are proving to be outside our budget. so i think i might have to settle for a shack?....i am looking for a rental for the whole of august 1-31 or around those dates. there is only two of us, myself and my little girl (7). we are both house trained, i am not a wild and mad young mum, more of the sedate and older (did i really say that)?
i really want to give lucy a taste of bare foot and t shirt life. she deserves so much after having a difficult year with hospital visits etc.

anyway budget is limited, i really do not need luxury, we just would like a small place on the beach, with a bed and somewhere to cook and chill out.

Please can someone help or at least advise me on this, i am getting a bit overwhelmed by it all. i look forward to your replies.

valerie

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
i am not a wild and mad mum, more of the sedate.

valerie

this is the only thing that must change for you to join us...good luck! :welcome:

Last edited:

val

Beach Crab
Mar 17, 2008
suffolk united kingdom
thank you for the welcome. i am sure i can revert to type if i try hard enough or without trying at all?...
if someone can help get me on the beach for summer i would revert to anything that was required!!!

jeez would love a month of 'not being sensible'.....

seaside2

Beach Fanatic
Apr 2, 2007
All over the place
Just know that it is hotter than hail in SoWal in August. Big time sunscreen is a must for skin not used to it (and even those that are. Skin cancer and all that).

Look at the sponsor's web sites, go to VRBO, stuff like that. There are some not horribly expensive places that you and the kiddo can rent. August sees some rate reductions now that schools are starting so early.

IMNSHO, you gotta be at a gulf front place. W/O the water view, the trip is not nearly so good, plus there is a great temperature benefit from being close to the water.

My advice ( and you didn't ask for it): Spend you money on a good rental and eat cheap.

And BTW, we drive on the correct side of the street here in the colonies, so be careful.:rofl::rotfl:

Cheering472

SoWal Insider
Nov 3, 2005
:welcome:Valerie! Hope you find the perfect place!

LeannC

Beach Lover
Aug 8, 2007
Louisville, KY
Val,

You never said what your budget is for the rental. With the strength of the Pound against the Dollar (it's 2 to 1 right now), I would have thought that many of the rentals would seem pretty inexpensive.

Hidden Beach Villas which are just across the street from the beach are pretty inexpensive. Looks like you can rent an efficiency in August for around $2,000 (which would be 1000 pounds). Google "Hidden Beach Villas". Or perhaps take a look at the The Palms at Seagrove (on the gulf side of the road). The cheaper units will be in buildings B and D.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
I seem to remember a non-profit with offering a free stay in a house on 30A for kids & families with serious medical issues. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I seem to remember a non-profit with offering a free stay in a house on 30A for kids & families with serious medical issues. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

I believe you are talking about the lighthouse program, but the OP didn't mention health issues. They are probably just looking for a reasonable month long holiday. I love some of the English words.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
hello to everyone, i have been totally enthralled with this site! spent the last couple of hours on here instead of ironing! I hope that someone may be able to help me. I am desperately trying to find a beach front long term rental. while i would adore to have one of the fabulous luxury homes that are provided they are proving to be outside our budget. so i think i might have to settle for a shack?....i am looking for a rental for the whole of august 1-31 or around those dates. there is only two of us, myself and my little girl (7). we are both house trained, i am not a wild and mad young mum, more of the sedate and older (did i really say that)?
i really want to give lucy a taste of bare foot and t shirt life. she deserves so much after having a difficult year with hospital visits etc.

anyway budget is limited, i really do not need luxury, we just would like a small place on the beach, with a bed and somewhere to cook and chill out.

Please can someone help or at least advise me on this, i am getting a bit overwhelmed by it all. i look forward to your replies.

valerie

Have you ever been to the US before?

Have you ever been to Florida (and if so, the Panhandle) before?

If you have not visited the Panhandle, how did you choose it as your destination?

How are you planning on getting around over here....friends? rental car?

Most important...what is your housing budget for the month?

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach

That's what prompted my response SWGB. :blush: