• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

iqueequeg

Beach Lover
Feb 2, 2005
Snowy Boston
Anyone know of any equestrian facilities around 30a? My wife and kids are horse people and are homesick for horses (horsesick?). We checked out Kelly plantation which they liked, but we were hoping for something closer.

I did a search and found a similar question a couple of years ago, but thought maybe something new might be around.

Scooter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 3, 2005
Atlanta, GA; New Orleans, LA
There are quite a few that are being developed. Emerald Glenn, Sky, Appaloosa Lake. They are all within 30 minutes or so of the SoWal area. Don't know if they've stalled re: the economy. Anyone with additional info? I, too, am a horse person and own a horse here in NW Georgia. Just went out riding bareback today and there was a great blue heron and geese with babies. It was a grayt day and a wonderful ride. Keep the post going and let me know what you find. What's always important to me is that there are riding trails. The barn where I keep my quarter horse in ATL has 400 acres. It is a true paradise.