• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DCFinSCB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 27, 2007
Ol' Point Washingtern, FL
3 Days until the first matches begin!

With both the NBA and NHL winding down, MLB just geting settled in before a long hot summer, and football still very much in the wishful thinking stage, it is time to reach back into your heritage and pay hommage to any of your European ancestors and find a national team to get behind.

http://www.euro2008.uefa.com/

Most, if not all, of the best matches will be shown live on ESPN Classics, ESPN2, and ABC. http://soccernet.espn.go.com/euro2008/fixtures?league=uefa.euro&date=20080601&type=month&cc=5901

Go Czech Republic! Pojďme na to, zv?těz?me, sny n?roda napln?me!
(Of course, being a European mutt, I can fall back on supporting Germany if Czech do not make it far enough.)

Gypsea

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA; Watercolor
3 Days until the first matches begin!

With both the NBA and NHL winding down, MLB just geting settled in before a long hot summer, and football still very much in the wishful thinking stage, it is time to reach back into your heritage and pay hommage to any of your European ancestors and find a national team to get behind.

http://www.euro2008.uefa.com/

Most, if not all, of the best matches will be shown live on ESPN Classics, ESPN2, and ABC. http://soccernet.espn.go.com/euro2008/fixtures?league=uefa.euro&date=20080601&type=month&cc=5901

Go Czech Republic! Pojďme na to, zv?těz?me, sny n?roda napln?me!
(Of course, being a European mutt, I can fall back on supporting Germany if Czech do not make it far enough.)

Please help cheer our Pittsburgh Penguins on to a win tonight. :clap: They need this win or they will be eliminated. So send us some good Ju Ju.

DCFinSCB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 27, 2007
Absolutely, Go Penguins! I almost stayed up late enough the other night to finally see them win game 5.

Meanwhile:

Christian Franek is challenging you to play Euro Pick'Em on ESPN.com.
This game challenges you to select the winner of each game throughout the UEFA Euro 2008 Championship. Best of all? It's FREE to play. Can you compete in the international arena?

Get in the action now:
http://games.espn.go.com/euro/group?groupID=2474

Game Front: http://games.espn.go.com/euro/frontpage
Group: US98 Soccer

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Now this is a thread that may convince my husband to start posting! He has the VCR, the DVR and the VCR-recorder all programed to record the games!

Viva Espana!! :clap:

DCFinSCB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 27, 2007
After a little more than one week, each team from each group has played and completed two matches as of today, and out of 16 national teams, only 2 are definitely out of contention to move on to the quarterfinals! (Host Switzerland, and defending Champions, Greece.)

Portugal, Croatia, Holland, and Spain (on a last minute strike) have all locked up the top spot for their respective Groups, but the drama has only begun, as many different scenarios come in to play for the second spot from each Group to move on to the quarterfinals. It is life or death in many matches for each team playing, and both squads will be leaving everything out on the pitch, but perhaps just as interesting is whether some of the teams that have already sewn up their promotion will just pack up and mail it in for their last Group match, saving themselves for the quarterfinals and essentially dashing the hopes of those fighting for survival.

High Stakes, High Drama, and we get to watch it all unfold in front of our eyes on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Classics, or ABC. Channels nearly every local food and beverage establishment gets (now if we can just get some of them to subscribe to Fox Soccer Channel, GolTV, and Setanta).

Don't miss it!!

Let's Go Ceska Republika!!!

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA
After a little more than one week, each team from each group has played and completed two matches as of today, and out of 16 national teams, only 2 are definitely out of contention to move on to the quarterfinals! (Host Switzerland, and defending Champions, Greece.)

Portugal, Croatia, Holland, and Spain (on a last minute strike) have all locked up the top spot for their respective Groups, but the drama has only begun, as many different scenarios come in to play for the second spot from each Group to move on to the quarterfinals. It is life or death in many matches for each team playing, and both squads will be leaving everything out on the pitch, but perhaps just as interesting is whether some of the teams that have already sewn up their promotion will just pack up and mail it in for their last Group match, saving themselves for the quarterfinals and essentially dashing the hopes of those fighting for survival.

High Stakes, High Drama, and we get to watch it all unfold in front of our eyes on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Classics, or ABC. Channels nearly every local food and beverage establishment gets (now if we can just get some of them to subscribe to Fox Soccer Channel, GolTV, and Setanta).

Don't miss it!!

Let's Go Ceska Republika!!!

Shades at the Loop has GolTV -- or at least they did when they first open!!

The games have been fun-- Spain barely won yesterday. . . .could be a tough tournament for a great team!!

DCFinSCB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 27, 2007
Absolutely gutted with the Czech loss yesterday. How do you lose after being 2-0 up with 15 minutes left in the match?!?!

Bah, on to my second team, Deutschland, Deutschland, Uber Alles...

Of the Group B Matches scheduled for 1:45 today, Croatia has clinched top spot and the rest, Germany, Poland, Austria, all have a chance. Good stuff.

Group C (also known as the Group of Death), which plays on Tuesday, has Holland already in and Romania, Italy, and France (sans Zenadine Zidane, the head-butter) fighting for the final spot.

Group D, which Spain has sewn up, finalizes the Group Stages on Wednesday, with Sweden and Russia facing each other for the final spot in the quarterfinals.

As they say, Must-See TV!