• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
A

Anonymous

Heard this week that Surfer Girl in Seaside is not renewing its lease beyond the end of this year. Was also surprised to see that Pizza Hut on 98 was closed. Do you think the fact that is is a chain hurt the business (and our area seems to support more Mom & Pop's)? I can't imagine any pizza place not making it.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
My guess with that Pizza Hut is that 1) it does not offer a buffet. If it did, you would not be able to find a parking space from all of the construction tructs. and 2) They cannot find enough employees for cheap hourly wages and tips. Due to lack of staff, earlier this year, they stopped delivering east of hwy 331. You had to meet the driver at the Tom Thumb.

On the flipside, I talked with my friend, a Chef in Atlanta, who told me that he had recently talked to a guy that owned a MellowMushroom (I think) in Buckhead (ATL). This guy has owned property in SW, and supposedly he is opening a Pizza and Beer joint somewhere "between Seaside and WaterColor." Cannot think of many places where this could be true. Maybe he is looking at renting space in WaterColor Crossing (Publix location), where space is still available. This could have great potential for success, if they can find the staff.

Smiling JOe said:
My guess with that Pizza Hut is that 1) it does not offer a buffet. If it did, you would not be able to find a parking space from all of the construction tructs. and 2) They cannot find enough employees for cheap hourly wages and tips. Due to lack of staff, earlier this year, they stopped delivering east of hwy 331. You had to meet the driver at the Tom Thumb.

On the flipside, I talked with my friend, a Chef in Atlanta, who told me that he had recently talked to a guy that owned a MellowMushroom (I think) in Buckhead (ATL). This guy has owned property in SW, and supposedly he is opening a Pizza and Beer joint somewhere "between Seaside and WaterColor." Cannot think of many places where this could be true. Maybe he is looking at renting space in WaterColor Crossing (Publix location), where space is still available. This could have great potential for success, if they can find the staff.

If it's anything like the Shroom that would be great