• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Rugger

Beach Crab
Mar 2, 2010
All,
Just a heads up there has been an issue with some local Storage Unit Owners Putting out Anti-freeze to poison racoons and other rodents... Unfortunately there have been local dogs who have had to be put down do to interaction with the chicken bones/carcases ect. that they are putting the traps... Please be wary on where your dogs are at all times and especially careful if you are walking your animals behind Angelina's.

grace

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2007
here & now
has anyone spoken with these people to tell them just how dangerous (not to mention STUPID) this is??

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I believe they may be breaking a few laws by doing this.

By poisoning pests at their business and on their property? (Assuming I read the post right.) :dunno:

Not saying I think it's right - just that it's potato/patato how I hear many get rid of pests - shooting, poisoning, trapping (and leaving them for days).

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I guess it is too hard to call a professional pest exterminator? Or set humane traps and release them out in the country?

(BTW- Stuckey's pecan logs make wonderful racoon bait- we had to trap a large family (12!!) at my old place of work- ye olde vet clinic.... one by one, we went through about 6 or 7 pecan logs, and relocated them to the same place in the woods by a nice little stream.)

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
By poisoning pests at their business and on their property? (Assuming I read the post right.) :dunno:

Not saying I think it's right - just that it's potato/patato how I hear many get rid of pests - shooting, poisoning, trapping (and leaving them for days).

No, by dumping out poison that will seep into the ground. If antifreeze isn't one of those that are supposed to be disposed of through a treatment facility, then I've been taking mine to the hazard people without cause. Paint, paint thinner, antifreeze, car batteries, old gas and the like all were in the same group I thought. I could be wrong, I certainly have been before and will be again:D

hippiechick

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
Angelina's is losing my business

:bang:If it is Angelina's putting out Antifreeze they have just lost my business. There are many responsible ways to rid your place of rodents. Come on everybody take a stand on this. Antifreeze kills cats, dogs, birds, anything that comes in contact and ingests it. It is sweet and lots of animals will drink it.

Rugger

Beach Crab
Mar 2, 2010
Angelina's isn't doing it. It's the Storage Unit behind... So don't punish them for the guys in the back!

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
I'd worry about exposed traps and pets allowed to wander around the neighborhood before the anti-freeze.

Last edited: