• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
When I get out to my little house I hope to see some of you on Sat mornings at the SFM!!

Can't wait! Everything looks great - what a positive idea that seems to be getting better and better each season!!

Gidget :wave::wave:

Chandra

Beach Fanatic
Heirloom Seeds & Fresh Sprouts

Moonlight Micro-Farm will be back at the Seaside Farmer's Market starting today!

We have a nice selection of heirloom garden seeds (non-GMO), organic sprout seeds, wheat berries, sprout jars, and gift tins.

New heirloom garden seeds for spring and summer: white scallop summer squash, slo-bolt cilantro, parisienne carrots, white wonder cucumber, bloomsdale long standing spinach, genovese basil, anaheim pepper, burgundy okra, thessaloniki tomato, purple plum radish, and more!

We'll also have fresh sprouts including cabbage and friends, dill salad mix, clover, and french garden.

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
I am SO excited!!! I am going to be out that way this morning so I get to go! Say HEY to Gidget if you are there too!!! :D :D

Thanks for info Chandra!!

G

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I am SO excited!!! I am going to be out that way this morning so I get to go! Say HEY to Gidget if you are there too!!! :D :D

Thanks for info Chandra!!

G

Hey Gidget- please come find me- I am dying to meet you! I will be there with the Beach Breeze/DeFuniak Herald~ I'm the yakky one, so you will hear me before you see me.:lol:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Moonlight Micro-Farm will be back at the Seaside Farmer's Market starting today!

We have a nice selection of heirloom garden seeds (non-GMO), organic sprout seeds, wheat berries, sprout jars, and gift tins.

New heirloom garden seeds for spring and summer: white scallop summer squash, slo-bolt cilantro, parisienne carrots, white wonder cucumber, bloomsdale long standing spinach, genovese basil, anaheim pepper, burgundy okra, thessaloniki tomato, purple plum radish, and more!

We'll also have fresh sprouts including cabbage and friends, dill salad mix, clover, and french garden.

And this makes me happy! Arix and I have been discussing dirt options.

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
Hey Gidget- please come find me- I am dying to meet you! I will be there with the Beach Breeze/DeFuniak Herald~ I'm the yakky one, so you will hear me before you see me.:lol:

Dang!!! I read this just now. I was there!! Did you see me lol in the jean trench?? PHOOEY, but as I told scooter, there will be other Saturdays :D

I did get my Hands Across the Sands shirts, Renee's eggs, and Chandra's Sprouts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Seaside Farmers Market News for this week

a note from Jennifer of Raw and Juicy, Seaside:

Greetings!
Hello Beach Lovers!
Join us this weekend for a great market, it will be sunny and there will be a lot of wonderful food to stock your kitchen! Sprouts, Bread, Milk, Preserves, Soap, Eggs, Cookies, and Camellia Trees (these are not for your kitchen). Come early because at 12pm we will close the market and head to the beach to participate in Hands Across The Sand . If you'd like to join us remember to wear your black t-shirt, and bring your friends!

Breakfast is back! and...you say you want to VOLUNTEER?!

Its that time again, Spring planning is on and that includes the market plans for the next season. We will begin having breakfast again at the Framers Market every Saturday morning beginning in March! Yeah! We love Saturday Breakfast! If you would like to prepare breakfast on a Saturday at the Farmers Market please email me, its that easy! Also we are looking for volunteers to help with the market on Saturdays,we need someone who can host the market table where we sell posters, bags and collect emailing address for the market. If you have one Saturday available or many and would like to get involved send us an email

The Farmers Market is a year-round market that takes place in the Seaside every Saturday morning behind Raw and Juicy from 9-1pm.

- Raw and Juicy
[SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0]
"Health, excellent or ill, is passed to our children not through our genes but primarily through our recipes."
- Joanne L. Mumola Williams

*************************************************************************************************
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Camellia Trees, Homemade Breads, Fresh Milk and Cookies!
Peach Creek
Peach Creek Produce will be at the market with sweet red peppers, a limited amount of strawberries and strawberry field onions, turnips, mustard greens, tomatoes, Mercott tangerines, navel oranges and grapefruits! Yeah!

Josephine Brewer

Josephine will be at the market this weekend with her wonderful homemade breads, pastas, power bars, and sweet things to eat. Get to the market early, she sells out fast!

Moonlight Micro-Farm is BACK!!
Organic sprouting seeds, heirloom garden seeds, warm and cool season seed tins that make great gifts, and sprout jars. This weekend we'll also have fresh sprouts: cabbage & friends, dill salad mix, clover, and new this week - China rose radish sprouts! New heirloom garden seeds for spring and summer: white scallop summer squash, slo-bolt cilantro, parisienne carrots, white wonder cucumber, bloomsdale long standing spinach, genovese basil, anaheim pepper, red velvet okra, and purple plum radish. Florida has a great climate to grow year-round. It's not too late to plant cool weather vegetables like kale and lettuce. Warm weather ones like tomato and eggplant can be started from seed in a sunny window sill and transplanted once the weather starts to warm.

Joe Arnold
Joe will be at the market with award winning Camellia trees for sale and possibly some homemade organic bread.

26.jpg

Ocheesee Creamery
The Wesselhoeft's will be at the market this weekend with local certified Pure Jersey Products. Skim Milk, Whole MIlk, Butter, Cream and Cheese. If you haven't had fresh dairy this is a real treat and very well priced. All products come in traditional milk bottles and require a deposit, support your local farmer here!

Kinowas Cowboy Cookies
Kinowa's Cowboy Cookies will be at the market, wandering with the magic cookie basket and other beautiful treats! Catch her if you can! Original recipe and vegan!

Twin Oaks Farm www.twinoaksfarm.net
We are out of fresh chickens this week but we have plenty of frozen ones. Same chickens just really cold !!! Our broilers are fed a certified organic feed without soy, they are pastured, bugs, grass and sunshine is part of their diet.

We sell whole bird only at $8 / lb and they range between 3lb to 5lb.

To pre order your chicken/s please send us an email with size range (3lb to 4lb or 4lb to 5lb) and we will pack it/them ready to pick up.

Our chickens and ducks are certified organic. They are fed USDA certified organic grains without soy, grass, bugs and fun are part of their diet.

Our chickens are still running around half naked, and yes it is supposed to snow over night and yes I told them, but the production has improuved so we have eggs.

duck eggs duck eggs duck eggs duck eggs duck eggs duck eggs If you are allergic to chicken's eggs this is the good alternative ... they are big and beautifull, packed with 2 to 3 times the nutrient of a chicken egg ....

All our preserves are made with local fresh fruits and organic sugar. NO pectin, NO citric acid, NO ascorbic acid. Available this week : Blueberry, Peach, Fig, Mandarine, Pear / Calamondin, 3 "Agrumes", Mango/Orange, Mango chutney

Soap Peddaler
Hand Made Soaps filled with super smelling herbs and essential oils. Local soap maker Celeste Cobena delivers her soap by bike all over Walton County...she even rides her entire Farmers Market set-up to Seaside! Watch for monthly deals for those who walk and bike to the market.

Clear Creek Farms
Gordon is just back from a week long national American Bee Federation Conference in Orlando and has brought some exciting honey from as far as New Zealand, for a taste bee sure to come by it won't last long as single bottles were all that was available. Bring your sweet tooth along and catch the buzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!

27.jpg

Artesano Jewelry

We make handmade jewelry using natural resources from Peru. Our products range from butterfly wings, seeds, and tagua nuts, to fish scales and cow bones. Artesano means artisan in Spanish. Sano translates to healthy, and that is what it is, healthy art. So you can feel good about wearing it! Artesano Jewels

Amavida Coffee
Enjoy Fair Trade Fresh Roasted Coffee or get some fair trade whole bean coffee and loose leaf tea. And while youre at it save the planet one cup of coffee at a time with an Eco-mug or Klean Kanteen! Good stuff. Amavida Coffee
[FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]
The Seaside Farmers Market is a producers market focused on food, produce, cooking demonstrations, specialty items, artisan cheeses and breads, novice and professional gardeners, seed exchanges, educational aspects of growing and preparing food, and the celebration of eating and sharing great ingredients. We look forward to developing these concepts and to your participation.

Have something to sell at the market? Call to reserve your place. 850-687-3494 or email jlkuntz@mac.com

[/FONT]

Last edited: