• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
They had butter this week and it was incredible. I haven't had popcorn that good in a while. :drool:

spradley

Beach Crab
Jan 1, 2010
Any chance I could find out if there will be seeds available this weekend?

By the way, my family LOVED the milk, duck eggs, preserves and oranges from last weekend. And we are already halfway through our bottle of honey.

Thanks!

Chandra

Beach Fanatic
Any chance I could find out if there will be seeds available this weekend?

By the way, my family LOVED the milk, duck eggs, preserves and oranges from last weekend. And we are already halfway through our bottle of honey.

Thanks!

Moonlight Micro-Farm is taking a few weeks off from the Farmer's market during the month of January to put in some new garden beds. If you have an idea of what kind of seeds you might like, I could get them to you.

I have organic sprouting seeds, as well as a variety of heirloom garden seeds, both warm and cool season.

Moonlight Micro-farm will be back at the market on Feb. 6.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Seaside Farmers Market News for this week

Seaside Farmers Market News
Saturday January 9th, 2010

Greetings!

Beachians! Happy New Year!
It is going to be record-breaking temperatures again this weekend but our farmers and committed vendors will be on the Holl Building lawn with all of their essentials for your home. Come show your support! Offering Milk, organic eggs and chicken, cheese, butter, local produce, soap, local honey products, coffee, and other great items. Bundle up and come join the fun, in Seaside every Saturday!

The Farmers Market is a year-round market that takes place in the Seaside every Saturday morning from 9-1pm.

Happy Holidays!
- Raw and Juicy

At home I serve the kind of food I know the story behind.
~Michael Pollan

*************************************************************************************************

[FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]
[/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]
[/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]Ocheesee CreameryThe Wesselhoeft's will be at the market this weekend with local certified Pure Jersey Products. Skim Milk, Whole MIlk, Cream, and Butter. If you haven't had fresh dairy this is a real treat and very well priced. All products come in traditional milk bottles and require a deposit, support your local farmer here!
24.jpg
Dragonfly Farms
Charles and Shueh-Mei will have locally grown napa cabbage, turnip greens, mustard greens, kale, daikon root,and kimchee. We hope to see you at the market and it should be a nice day after the rain moves through today and tonight.

All of the Dragonfly Farms produce is locally grown in their garden without the use of harmful pesticides and herbicides and is grown with taste and nutrition in mind.

**Rain or shine at the market!
**We surprised ourselves with such a good turn out!

Clear Creek Farms
Gordon and Lois are long time bee farmers from North of the Bay come meet the beekeepers! This weekend they will have local Tupelo Honey, Dark Bay Honey from Bay Trees, and NEW Florida Keys Spiced Honey!! Festive!

Lucy's Produce

This weekend...Winter squash, Zucchini, Pumpkins, Tomatoes, Russet Potatoes, Cucumbers, Bell Peppers, Jalapeno Peppers, Chili Peppers, and lots of jars of fresh Vegetable Soups, Bread and Butter Pickles, Peach Jam, Blackberry Jelly, Pickled Okra, Fresh Salsa, Homemade Tomato Sauce...and?

Twin Oaks Farm www.twinoaksfarm.net
[SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0]Enjoy our "winter" collection of preserves :
Pear / Calamondin
we sliced Calamondins into our Kieffer's Pears to give it a kick, add some star anise, fresh vanilla beans and just enough organic sugar
to make you want to eat more of it ....
[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0]
3 "Agrumes"
To our Satzuman Mandarin we added Meyer Lemon and Florida Oranges, some cinnamon sticks and cardamon pods to make you forget it is tart ...

Mango / Orange
when taste of South Florida goes north to meet zesty oranges, with chuncks of mangos and slices of candied oranges, no need of spices for this one ...

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]Also available: Blueberry, Fig, Mandarine, and Mango Chutney
[SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0]We have farm fresh chickens ...
Our broilers are fed a certified organic feed without soy, they are pastured, bugs, grass and sunshine is part of their diet.

We sell whole bird only at $8 / lb and they range between 3lb to 5lb. To order your chicken/s please send us an email with size range (3lb to 4lb or 4lb to 5lb) and we will pack it/them ready to pick up. We also offer certified organic chicken livers, feet, hearts, heads and gizzards. Please email us for pricing.

Our chickens are molting therefor we have a really limited quantity of eggs. We have certified organic chickens and ducks eggs. Our hens and ducks are fed USDA certified organic grains without soy,
grass, bugs and fun are part of their diet. We have duck eggs, if you are allergic to chicken's eggs this is the
good alternative ... they are big and beatifull, packed with twice the nutrient of a chicken egg ....

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
Amavida Coffee
Enjoy Fair Trade Fresh Roasted Coffee or get some fair trade whole bean coffee and loose leaf tea. And while youre at it save the planet one cup of coffee at a time with an Eco-mug or Klean Kanteen! Good stuff. Amavida Coffee

Artesano Jewelry
We make handmade jewelry using natural resources from Peru. Our products range from butterfly wings, seeds, and tagua nuts, to fish scales and cow bones. Artesano means artisan in Spanish. Sano translates to healthy, and that what it is, healthy art. So you can feel good about wearing it! Artesano Jewels

[SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0]Soap Peddaler
Hand Made Soaps filled with super smelling herbs and essential oils. Local soap maker Celeste Cobena delivers her soap by bike all over Walton County...she even rides her entire Farmers Market set-up to Seaside! Watch for monthly deals for those who walk and bike to the market.

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]******************************************************************************************************************************************************************
[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]The Seaside Farmers Market is a producers market focused on food, produce, cooking demonstrations, specialty items, artisan cheeses and breads, novice and professional gardeners, seed exchanges, educational aspects of growing and preparing food, and the celebration of eating and sharing great ingredients. We look forward to developing these concepts and to your participation.

Have something to sell at the market? Call to reserve your place. 850-687-3494 or email jlkuntz@mac.com
[/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
What a beautiful morning for the Farmers Market! I believe they are setting up in the new space in the grass.

As we drove through Seaside last night, the post office was on the beams and ready to be pulled into it's new spot. Maybe it will be the "show" this morning!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Heading to the Farmer's market very soon- I have noticed that Saturday mornings at the market is the place to be. I see so many locals visiting and hanging out, heads together laughing and talking- there is a real sense of community on Saturday mornings in Seaside.:love:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Heading to the Farmer's market very soon- I have noticed that Saturday mornings at the market is the place to be. I see so many locals visiting and hanging out, heads together laughing and talking- there is a real sense of community on Saturday mornings in Seaside.:love:

my favorite recent find at the Farmer's Market is my porcelain coffee cup with silicone lid and sleeve. finally a simple and perfect mug for carrying my coffee in the car or wherever. thanks to Amavida!

31PDHyP1SiL._SL500_AA280_.jpg