• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

drsvelte

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Sandestin & Red Stick
I received the following e-mail message from Sandestin Owners Association:

"Central FL Produce will begin offering a Farmer's Market in the
Starbuck's courtyard at the Market Shops this Saturday, January
26th from 8:30 a.m. - until. They will be here each Friday and
Saturday thereafter through spring and summer. FL strawberries,
tomatoes, and other seasonal produce will be available."

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005

If this is the same company that has been there the past year, don't waste your money. Perfect looking, but tasteless produce- you can do better at Publix. I never saw any "seasonal" produce- only the tomatoes and strawberries. Appears to be a commercial grower they have brought in to be a "farmer".:roll:

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen

:clap::clap:
If this is the same company that has been there the past year, don't waste your money. Perfect looking, but tasteless produce- you can do better at Publix. I never saw any "seasonal" produce- only the tomatoes and strawberries. Appears to be a commercial grower they have brought in to be a "farmer".:roll:
bigsad.gif

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
I am going to have to turn in my Scoop hat and reporter's creds. I messed up and ate some tacos first. That and the rain took the starch out of me. I want to pile up in bed now.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

Ditto, and they are over-priced. They do offer peaches, too. "They" aren't even farmers, just transportation/resale people.

Yeah and go to Toni's (sorry Stan but I gotta eat)
You don't have to be sorry. Everyone has to eat. I do not sell produce in the state of South Walton anymore.
The Farmers Market in San Destin is just more "fake" produce in my opionion. I don't know if Toni is back selling produce yet. Agent Prichert (sp) with the Florida Dept. of Agriculture told me he issued a stop sell order last week to Toni due to issues of repackaging produce, not listing sources and not having the proper license. Really just a bunch of govt. b.s. I am just stating what I was told. You can contact Agent Prichert with the food safety division of the FL. Dept. of Agriculture, for more info if you think I am throwing rotten maters. Hopefully she got it fixed as it is very frustrating when the government gets involved in your business. With that said, rules in doing business for one should be applied to all. El Bandito Mate