• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Hoop

Beach Comber
Jun 26, 2012
I am considering purchasing in Watersound North and wondered if there is any feedback, positive or negative? Will this be the upcoming development in the future? The amenities look nice and the Origins golf course looks fun!
Is this an appropriate location for a 2nd home which will eventually be a perm home? (Not interested in short-term rentals)...but will always spend time along 30A supporting the local businesses. Thanks!!

Abby Prentiss

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
Yes it is a good place and has lots of potential as a development and permanent home without short term renters.
It is now called just "WaterSound". South of 30A is WaterSound Beach and WaterSound Beach West.

WaterSound lots used to have the option of buying in to the beach club - not sure if you get that now or if there is any other beach access included.

chanster

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
wow abby i don't know if i agree on that. I drove threw there 4 months ago and i didn;t see much activity. The problem is even from hwy 98 it seems the houses are a good mile to 2 miles in.I know anyone who wants to short term rent should stay away as its a good 4 miles to the beach. maybe if 30-a continues rising fast in prices it could take off.

coondog

Beach Lover
Apr 27, 2009
wow abby i don't know if i agree on that. I drove threw there 4 months ago and i didn;t see much activity. The problem is even from hwy 98 it seems the houses are a good mile to 2 miles in.I know anyone who wants to short term rent should stay away as its a good 4 miles to the beach. maybe if 30-a continues rising fast in prices it could take off.

Since St. Joe is the developer, I would caution you. They made many representations to buyers in Watersound Beach, such as they were going to turn the Beach Club over to the owners as an amenity, and then took it away from them. They typically seem to do what is in their best interest, rather than that of their owners/customers. There seems to be a lot of ill will between them and owners in Watercolor and Watersound Beach.

watersounder

Beach Comber
Aug 31, 2009
We bought one of the first homes in there and sold it about six months ago. We were there for almost five years. The beach club came with our home. That is what convinced me to buy. there is only a couple times a year the club is busy otherwise the beach is never crowded like watercolor or rsemary. We loved being off 30a and away from the crowds. It's a two minute drive out the back entrance to rosemary. I loved origins as its rarely used and like everything around 30a is beautiful. It was a second home but we were only two hours away so used it pretty much every weekend. I hated to sell but we wanted to buy some acreage and are building a farm house. I have already booked a few weekends at The Pearl and will enjoy not having to maintain two homes! I think a lot of people get freaked out by how big it is and only a few homes. It was our favorite part! No crowds. There is not many huge parcels of land in that area. Everyone used to complain about Watersound west beach now it's one of the hottest selling neighborhoods. Everyone wants something different for their slice of 30a...... Watersound worked for us! Good luck finding your slice!