• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
Over the weekend, a ton of mustard yellow signs popped up around the area. All say "firefighters support....". They've endorsed candidates in every race. I hate name recognition politics, and would love to hear from a firefighter or two about why they endorsed each candate they are supporting.

Sign clutter. :bang:

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
Is it the local firefighters union? I seem to remember them doing in the last round of elections also.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Hopefully they support this person enough to pick up all the signs after the election.:roll:

enfuego

Beach Lover
May 10, 2007
Paradise
It is my understanding they are required to pick them up and they are not placing the signes while on duty. Off duty only.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I don't understand WHY the firefighter's union is endorsing candidates.

Are there people running on a fire suppression/forest management platform or other fire related topics I am unaware of? :dunno:

enfuego

Beach Lover
May 10, 2007
Paradise
Why should they not. I respectfully think that they are concerned about the political landscape just as much as anybody in SOWAL. I would speculate they they are extremely interested in the WCSO race as the Sheriff would be shoulder to shoulder with their boss during a time of crisis like hurricanes. I would also think they are extrememly interested in those positions on the BCC that represent the citizens of South Walton as they are responsible for their (citizens) safety.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
That makes much more sense - I haven't seen the signs, so in my head I was wondering why they were weighing in on something like the school board race. :blush:

Last edited:

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
I totally support their decision to endorse candidates, I just wish they'd have an editorial in the paper or a post on a website explaining WHY the are endorsing a candidate, rather than just throw up signs. It is my inclination to give some weight to the firefighters' recommendations, but I want to hear a reason for the endorsement, not just a bunch of signs.

And SJ, I have seen your reasoning for your support on this board...so I like your signature line. I'm also kinda surprised how many choices we have in common! :rotfl: