• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
There was an ad in the Walton Sun last week announcing the fireworks and Grand Opening of the Park, but I think it was yesterday, July 4th. chrisv was going, so maybe he'll chime in.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I had to go back and find the ad I read in the Walton Sun from last week. There is a big article about the Park Grand Opening being held today, July 5, from noon to 8:30pm. Then in the Good Life section, Hammock Bay announces their "4th of July Parade" at 10am, but it is under the header for Saturday, JULY 5. Now if that isn't just confusing as hell... why wouldn't they have the July 4th parade on July 4th? Pardon my English, but that is just stupid. Independence Day was July 4, not July 5. Straighten up over there, Hammock Bay.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
I've always felt that...good to hear it expressed. Not quite sure what it is...but:eek:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Just watched Hammock Bay's fireworks from our front porch. They were spectacular, even this far away (15? 20? miles) and lasted a good 20 minutes. I hate to say this, but I'm pretty sure they skunked both Seaside and Sandestin. (Not like it's a competition or anything...)

From our vantage point, looked like some of God's fireworks (cloud-to-ground lightning) might have been pretty close to there too. :eek: