• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

cassie

Beach Lover
Dec 6, 2004
Saint Louie/Grayton
Ok, I'm sure this is a stupid question, but then ... there are no stupid questions right ; )

I think I've seen photos of people shooting off fireworks on the beach, or watching them? Is this legal? I would think it'd trash up the beach. Being that this weekend is the 4th and all I was wondering.

Also, is there going to be anything special going on for the 4th?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
cassie said:
Ok, I'm sure this is a stupid question, but then ... there are no stupid questions right ; )

I think I've seen photos of people shooting off fireworks on the beach, or watching them? Is this legal? I would think it'd trash up the beach. Being that this weekend is the 4th and all I was wondering.

Also, is there going to be anything special going on for the 4th?

Legal? I don't know, but I doubt anyone has bothered to ask. Plus, all the cops are at the intersections of Hwy 98 / 283 and Hwy 98/395. (just kidding)
It trashes the beaches, but that is the price some are willing to pay to remember the difficult battles our forefathers fought for our freedom and independence. To help with the cleaning, there are organized volunteer clean ups held at many beaches including Grayton, the morning following, I think around 7 or 8am. Get up early and come out and join us and make us proud. We try to get most of the trash, but I still find bits and pieces in the months ahead.

Special stuff? Oh yes. When you get here, pick up a copy of the Walton Sun for all the details.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Yes illegal. The deputies make the rounds about sunset and tell everyone not to do it, while dodging bottle rockets.

There is a thread about the SWCC community cleanup for July 5th.

Seaside is planning it's 1st ever official show on the water if the gulf is calm enough. And they have the annual parade. there will be lots of concerts and stuff.

cassie

Beach Lover
Dec 6, 2004
Saint Louie/Grayton
Wow, great. The Seaside thing sounds good. I'm not really comfortable with the firweorks on the beach deal, but I know some people do it anyway.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
I know they are pulling a barge out there for the fireworks and Cabanaman is going to be renting chairs out for the show until about 10PM.

SoWalSally

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2005
Please do not shoot fireworks into the lakes. Not only is there tons of debris and rocket sticks, but it can't be good for the wildlife.

I'd hate for the area to become known as the Dead Lake Beaches. :shock:

sweet

Beach Lover
Apr 13, 2005
Seaside is the place to go tonight. Around what time should we get there so we don't sit in traffic for hours

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Beachfamily said:
Seaside is the place to go tonight. Around what time should we get there so we don't sit in traffic for hours

Not sure - go early and hang out. They will have Pops orchestra also.