• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
pmd8 said:
"...if this trend continues it will push us tourist (sic) off the beaches."

Yes, yes, yes! A dream come true.

Sure hope this comment is tongue-in-cheek and not a serious comment! :eek: It certainly is not representative of the feelings of the board. I for one enjoy meeting new beach lovers and the squeal of young beachlings as they scamper gleefully through the white powdery sand for the first time!!!

Most tourists are good people, enjoying for a short week or so what the locals get to enjoy year-round! I hope to be one of those "year-rounders" one of these days!!

I respect your opinion and comments bankei1974 :clap_1:

Blair

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Memphis
How does one get "hooked up" with a beach launching fishing guide????...I'll be there June 24 and am staying in Grayton Beach...see ya at Pandoras and The Red Bar

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Blair said:
How does one get "hooked up" with a beach launching fishing guide????...I'll be there June 24 and am staying in Grayton Beach...see ya at Pandoras and The Red Bar

Mike Valentino, 850-685-6787

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
bankei1974 said:
I surrender, I just thought this should be mentioned. At some point in the future, I foresee this issue cropping up with your local goverment as the local population grows. I just thought I would get people thinking and noticing it a little.

Kurt touched on a similar issue...but keep in mind is that the primary reason that Walton County still allows/permits property owners to drive on the beach at Grayton is so that people may launch their boats. For those that do not launch a boat, it is simply an added value convenience and a perk for being a property owner with a four-wheel drive. If issues do arise, the response will likely be to close the access at Grayton altogether. It's not as much of a "right" as many folks believe it is.

And to echo other's sentiments, your comments are appreciated. Getting feedback from each other is how we learn about our beautiful, wonderful SoWal.