• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

redfisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 11, 2005
Out yakkin' the last two days huntin reds, hogtown and rocky and blanked, anybody been catchin and where...help?...red

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
sorry mate, been home tending the fishies in da cold - can't wait to go if this freezing crap would just stop for ONE weekend! unbelieveable!

how far can you go offshore (or do you)? i may have a couple of coords for you to try (if I can't get there first) - picked them up from a guy last week who assures me the fish are stacked like cordwood at these two locs (yeah, right)

redfisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 11, 2005
strickly yakkin, so shallows or mile or two offshore...tried both this week but no luck...headin over to west bay later this morning

Try dragging some chartreuse/orange stretch Rapalas between 4-5 knots along the outer sandbar edges......it's not the most exciting fishing perhaps, but it certainly produces. Once you find the school, you can begin targeting them with light tackle grubs, jigs and even topwater poppers and flies. Once they begin to see enough activity, it's no problem to get them to the surface. There have also been some pretty reliable fishing around the cones (near the pass) as well as around the mouth of Joe's Bayou. These reds have been pretty much within the 25-40 lb. bracket, but if you want to find some keeper sized reds, try the back of Destin Harbour, there have been some 3-5 lb. guys back in there.

I would post some photos of the past few weeks, but my photos are too large. You may have to trust me on this........I hope it helps. Good luck.

Amp22

Beach Fanatic
Jan 11, 2005
angryfishcharters said:
Try dragging some chartreuse/orange stretch Rapalas between 4-5 knots along the outer sandbar edges......it's not the most exciting fishing perhaps, but it certainly produces. Once you find the school, you can begin targeting them with light tackle grubs, jigs and even topwater poppers and flies. Once they begin to see enough activity, it's no problem to get them to the surface. There have also been some pretty reliable fishing around the cones (near the pass) as well as around the mouth of Joe's Bayou. These reds have been pretty much within the 25-40 lb. bracket, but if you want to find some keeper sized reds, try the back of Destin Harbour, there have been some 3-5 lb. guys back in there.

I would post some photos of the past few weeks, but my photos are too large. You may have to trust me on this........I hope it helps. Good luck.

From the welcome thread:

General image TIP - If you'd like to resize your photos on your computer, here is a link to the world's easiest picture resizer by Microsoft. Click on it, then select run, and it will install. Once installed, all you have to do is right click on any pic file on your computer, select "Resize Pictures" and it will give you several size options - it's that easy!
http://download.microsoft.com/downl...wertoySetup.exe

We would like to see some pics!

redfisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 11, 2005
Ended up findin plenty of action in the creeks of NW West Bay...plenty of fat slot sizers ready to eat...hung on to one of my bigger keepers and ran into the game warden while loading the yak...of course, all legal...Red