• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

redfisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 11, 2005
anybody tried for trout around 331 bridge or eden state park, or reds in the bay in the last few days?...Red

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
last month (last time I was there) I got a mess of tasty black drum in the intracoastal on dead shrimp - they were methodically driving shoulder to shoulder up the creeks

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
Leaving this morning after work here. After work down there, we'll be putting in at West Bay and going west, tie up at FWB yatch club for Sat night (party nite), then return to West Bay Sunday PM for the late drive home. Nothing like crusing the Intracoastal for New Years!

redfisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 11, 2005
i presume you told us that because you'll be fishing and will fill in as to how you did...Red

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Today looks to be a great day for fishing, but unfortunately, I am sick and do not need to get any worse.

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
oooh man, what a good trip - got enough black drum (errrk! errrk!) the first day for both nights, and we hit the food world on the way down for charcoal, shallots, field greens, baby red potatoes and cheddar cheese (grrrrrowl!). the fish were driving shoulder to shoulder again up the creeks off the intracostal about 3:00 pm to 5:00 PM - we saw them both days just like clockwork - lightly drop a dead frozen shrimp completely concealing a light hook on 10lb florocarbon (invisibility is everything) about 3 feet in front of their swim wakes (they move fast!) and just let it drop (if they miss it, just wait a few seconds for them to go by, reel in quick and go again) - but hold on tight cause the 4 that I got were all over 19 inches. YUMMY!
blackdrum.jpg

redfisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 11, 2005
AB, fished this area and a lot of east choc bay, but everybody seems to say West Bay, Burnt Creek, Sheepshead, etc. are much better...and i've even heard you mention the nw portion of choc bay by fort walton...how's the fising in some of these other places compared to east choc...

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
different places, different fish - best in terms of bite was just down from the boat launch at fred gannon, best in terms of where i went last is up the creek off the canal, but for that one you have to sit around the cooler with your feet up, dozing off every now and then, for hours, just talking and waiting for the fish to come blasting down the creek, and that's still the best part - there's no where to go and nothing that has to be done and you've got plenty of beer and bait and you don't have to drive anywhere and HOLLY SHEET! HERE COME THE FISH!!! and in five minutes its over, they're gone on their way and you've got 4 big ones flopping around on the deck and then the grill is going and then the sun is going down and the little waves are lapping against the hull and zzzz - there's just nothing like a true 'water bed'.