• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Magee

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2011
Miramar Beach Florida
Florida health officials confirm 84 pregnant women test positive for Zika virus

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Florida health officials confirmed Thursday in their daily report that 84 pregnant women have tested positive for the Zika virus in the state.

Doctors who spoke at a "Zeroing in on Zika: From the Front Lines" forum Thursday said they have asked each woman to go public about their diagnosis and discuss their concerns, but only one has agreed to do so.

The University of Miami is taking a leading role in dealing with the Zika virus outbreak, launching the Zika Global Network.

Doctors said they expect to see an influx of Florida babies born to mothers who contracted the virus in about five or six months.

My dear friend this is a pandemic disease within time it will affect everyone’s life in some way. Unfortunately the news media is not disseminating this information to everyone. In my travels around Walton County I am asked every day what’s going on with Zika. It is time that we start taking this serious is the new AIDS of our generation and we have no cure.

You have to ask yourself what is the fate of these 84 children to be born, in the state of Florida. We currently have two babies born with Zika in South Florida. The medical bills are mounting families cannot afford treatment for a disease with no cure. Prayer is the only thing that we have work praying that our researchers will swiftly develop a cure.

You can become a Mosquito Ambassador by constantly checking your surroundings to make sure that you do not become a breeding ground for mosquitoes and Zika. First-line defense is you!

The South Walton Mosquito Control welcomes the opportunity to meet and speak to your organization and to help everyone understand how we need to partner up to work together to keep your neighborhood and family’s safe. Feel free to contact me at any time 850-217-1135.

Respectfully, Commissioner John J Magee Seat 1 SWMC

South Walton Mosquito Control

http://southwaltonmosquitocontrol.org/

“Improving the Quality of Life in South Walton County”