1. Trouble logging in? Send a message with your username & email address for help.
    Dismiss Notice

Flying Real Estate Sign Danger

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by Bob, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Bob

Bob SoWal Insider

With over 1500 lots for sale in Santa Rosa Beach, I am wondering are there any wind tunnel tests by the National Association of Realtors as to what wind speed real estate signs take flight as lethal flotsam?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2005
  2. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Good question, Bob. I have planned on removing my signs tomorrow, and will replace them after Katrina passes. I think all agents should be removing their signs when possible, but I certainly understand the difficulty involved if they are trying to save their gas to evacuate. Those signs, when flying at 100+mph, can become very dangerous, not to mention expensive.

Maybe other agents reading your post will realize the potential danger of these potential projectiles and remove their signs for a few days.

3. Bob

Bob SoWal Insider

I hope neighbors can bring in signs, if their neighbors are not home , and keep things safer in the process.

4. ShallowsNole

ShallowsNole Beach Fanatic

At least it's not an election year where we would have to worry about political signs too! ;-)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2005
  5. Beach Runner

Beach Runner beats on hood

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    With every storm, it has amazed me how responsible that the local real estate companies have been with removing their signs. No, I am not a realtor, just a private citizen making a comment.

6. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

[​IMG]

Missing something?