• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
Hm... that's interesting. I like it, but I'm terrified I would fall over (I don't weigh much, lol!) with all that weight on the back of one wheel with no wheelbase to stabilize it! Something to think about though.

Actually, from what I've researched, it's more stabilized because of the longer wheelbase & the low center of gravity.

ckhagen

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
I actually took the last row out of the van, so I have room to put a bike or two in there.

We wouldn't make the weight, either, even with 75Lbs of kids, myself at 145 & the bike. Offhand & not really important, does anyone know what the weight requirement is on those pads?

So... how much does this thing cost when it's all said and done? I can't seem to figure out what all you have to have to get the bike and carry two kids. I still don't think I could hold the bike up with both of them on it, but it's worth researching.

My back seat folds flat which is cool since I can't take it out because we have people ride with us so often (my young siblings, etc...). There's no way I can lift a trailer in there though! :funn:Which begs the question... how come we don't have a path going down 393?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Total tangent -- When I was walking the AT in Maine, I ran into another hiker who looked familiar. Turns out he was a former classmate's (ten years prior) boyfriend, who used to live on Cloverhurst. Talk about a small world.

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
So... how much does this thing cost when it's all said and done? I can't seem to figure out what all you have to have to get the bike and carry two kids. I still don't think I could hold the bike up with both of them on it, but it's worth researching.

My back seat folds flat which is cool since I can't take it out because we have people ride with us so often (my young siblings, etc...). There's no way I can lift a trailer in there though! :funn:Which begs the question... how come we don't have a path going down 393?

I wish there were paths that connected north of 98 to south of it.

Depends on what type of bike you add it to. Ask Jen, John R, Soap Peddler or Arix. Those are the ones that I know have one right now. Soon, OM & crew will be scooting around on one....