• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
For you guys on the west end of SoWal (the entire SoWal, not 30A):

Warning: I went to the Thai Elephant for dinner last night and ordered (and ate) the half order of steamed Duck. As it turns out, it is actually half a duck, not half an order. My belly looks like I ate the whole duck, feathers and all. :bang: The duck was good, but I liked some of the other items even better. I sampled several items from other's plates and everything was delicious, especially the whole Snapper (fish of the day)! Thai Elephant is located in the strip center with Cancun's, located across the street and a little west of McDonald's on Hwy 98 in Destin.

The atmosphere is extremely casual and prices for dinner entrees range from $9-$14. Dinner business was very slow, so don't expect much in the way of atmosphere. I am guessing they probably get most of their business for lunch.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Quack gone whack!!!! :blink:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
I have been there before, the food was good. Turesday Morning is also in that shopping center, I believe the name is Mirimar Plaza.

TripleB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 15, 2006
Huntsville, AL
For you guys on the west end of SoWal (the entire SoWal, not 30A):

Warning: I went to the Thai Elephant for dinner last night and ordered (and ate) the half order of steamed Duck. As it turns out, it is actually half a duck, not half an order. My belly looks like I ate the whole duck, feathers and all. :bang: The duck was good, but I liked some of the other items even better. I sampled several items from other's plates and everything was delicious, especially the whole Snapper (fish of the day)! Thai Elephant is located in the strip center with Cancun's, located across the street and a little west of McDonald's on Hwy 98 in Destin.

The atmosphere is extremely casual and prices for dinner entrees range from $9-$14. Dinner business was very slow, so don't expect much in the way of atmosphere. I am guessing they probably get most of their business for lunch.
Later that evening, SJ was seen in the restroom hugging the toilet and yelling AFFLACK!!!