• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Garner

Beach Fanatic
This Tuesday (9AM, DeFuniak), the County Commission is scheduled to hear and approve / disapprove an "amendment" to a reduce the size of a previously approved PUD. The property is on the north side of 98, just west of Serenoa Rd (between 395 and Watersound). The original plan, approved in 2006 was for 64 apartments, 160,000 square feet of retail and 468 single family homes on 92 acres. The amended development calls for 288 apartments, 180,000 square feet of retail and a 127 room hotel on 44 acres. (The developer, a company owned by M.C. Davis sold the remainder to Walton County for a school and athletic fields).
I hardly see this as a reduction in size unless you are talking only about land size.
Here is a link to the agenda. View attachment 3.24.15 BCC agenda.pdf

Any other thoughts?

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
A very wealthy Walton County resident who owns lots of land. As I understand it, he sold some of it to the county for the new sports complex. It would appear some dislike him intensely as he has more money than they do.

Garner

Beach Fanatic
Back to the subject, the hearing on this matter was postponed until the April 14 meeting in South Walton. Attached is a letter that I wrote / e-mailed to each of the commissioners yesterday. It describes in a bit more detail my objections to the project.View attachment Letter in opposition.pdf