• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Ro Cuchens (as a result of his not running for office) has been replaced by Sara Commander as Walton County Commissioner, District 4. So, it'll be soon time to turn your frustrations toward another direction. And for the record (again), I'm not a proponent or customer of Cuchens'.

I believe the following will more than fill the need of some of you out there. Now this is exposed corruption at a very high level both politically and financially (some already know about this)....

from ...... http://www.nwfdailynews.com/articleArchive/oct2006/airforcelandatcenterofcharges.php

....selling the same thing twice, trade prime Air Force owned Okaloosa property for target practice timberland, questionable campaign contributions, wire fraud....

This makes Cuchens appear like a choir boy.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:dunno:

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
This is old, old news....and what does it have to do with Sara Comander...and
it doesn't let Cuchens off the hook. Has nothing to do with him or the sea walls.:dunno:

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
BMBV, I fail to see where Comander is involved in this. Did I miss something?
SJ, I was simply sharing information with those on this board that Ro Cuchens will no longer represent the Freeport area.

Since many seem to love to bash Cuchens, I was just saying that they'll need another whipping boy since Sara Comander will be Commissioner of the 4th District.

There is inappropriate behavior and then there is downright corruption. I was just trying to point out the extremes here.

Did you miss something? No. Did you possibly read too much into it? Yes.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
This is old, old news....and what does it have to do with Sara Comander...and
it doesn't let Cuchens off the hook. Has nothing to do with him or the sea walls.:dunno:
You're following SJ's lead here. See my response to SJ.

Regarding "old, old news...". Those guys were convicted at the end of 2005 and reported to prison around May, 2006. If that's "old, old news..." in regards to shedding some extra light on the corruption spectrum, well then, please forgive me.

Many here were way too anxious to prosecute Ro for the sand color debacle and for the fact he happens to be in the retaining wall business at a time when retaining walls were in great demand. Remember, the Florida Board of Ethics found him not guilty prior to this latest incident. But that did not stop all the Ro Cuchens bashing on this board.

Now I WILL agree he appears to have screwed up with the timing and the resulting "generation of certain documents". He apparently tried to take a shortcut....no excuses.

But you haven't convinced me that your remark, "it doesn't let Cuchens off the hook", is precipitated ONLY by his LATEST actions. Tell me that you're not prejudiced by the all the "previous events" (again the FBE found no problems with), and then I'll agree you've come to a complete and inpartial conclusion of his "guilt or innocence".

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
You're following SJ's lead here. See my response to SJ.

Regarding "old, old news...". Those guys were convicted at the end of 2005 and reported to prison around May, 2006. If that's "old, old news..." in regards to shedding some extra light on the corruption spectrum, well then, please forgive me.

Many here were way too anxious to prosecute Ro for the sand color debacle and for the fact he happens to be in the retaining wall business at a time when retaining walls were in great demand. Remember, the Florida Board of Ethics found him not guilty prior to this latest incident. But that did not stop all the Ro Cuchens bashing on this board.

Now I WILL agree he appears to have screwed up with the timing and the resulting "generation of certain documents". He apparently tried to take a shortcut....no excuses.

But you haven't convinced me that your remark, "it doesn't let Cuchens off the hook", is precipitated ONLY by his LATEST actions. Tell me that you're not prejudiced by the all the "previous events" (again the FBE found no problems with), and then I'll agree you've come to a complete and inpartial conclusion of his "guilt or innocence".

BMBV, I think what people are saying is that Sara Commander and this story of corruption are unrelated and that by you posting both in the post, you insinuate that the two are tied together. Next time, try two seperate threads and people will not "read too much into it."

Sounds like he was taking a shortcut. Sounds to me like he was avoiding the laws and policies which he helps to create.

BTW, O.J. Simpson was also found not guilty. ;-)

Last edited: