South Walton's Community Website
Beach Like A Local!
Create Account

port albert

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
If I am not mistaken there were at least 2 active threads on beach access as late as yesterday. They have disappeared. What happened? Censorship??

port albert

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Yes please

Not all of us have the time or inclination to review more than 2 or 3 forums. I am sure that if we lived in Sowal we would check them all but we are merely January renters (13 years so far). We have three homes and can't even spend that much time keeping track of those communitees.

Kurt Lischka

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Not all of us have the time or inclination to review more than 2 or 3 forums. I am sure that if we lived in Sowal we would check them all but we are merely January renters (13 years so far). We have three homes and can't even spend that much time keeping track of those communitees.

I understand. We get so used to checking "new posts" we may forget that too many forums can be confusing, instead of helpful.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
You have done such a good job of offering specific forums, this one which I find very generic could possibly be dropped.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I don't see dropping "All About SoWall" to be useful at all. It is a boon for all but especially for those of us who live here permanently. What I would like to see is not necessarily less forums but all except the Lounge opened to both lurkers and members. It is my strong belief you had much more participation prior to the recent "upgrade and revision". I am a firm supporter of SoWal but do believe at times it is too restrictlve. It provides much useful information and input to the community.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
It could hardly be easier for anyone to become one of the thousands of registered members, have access to any forums they wish, never make one post and lurk for years. This message board is not in the least bit restrictive imo. Unless you blatantly break the rules, your membership stays intact.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I don't see dropping "All About SoWall" to be useful at all. It is a boon for all but especially for those of us who live here permanently. What I would like to see is not necessarily less forums but all except the Lounge opened to both lurkers and members. It is my strong belief you had much more participation prior to the recent "upgrade and revision". I am a firm supporter of SoWal but do believe at times it is too restrictlve. It provides much useful information and input to the community.

Hi AndyA - could you explain? I know the changes take a while to adjust to - things work a little differently - it happens with each upgrade. Enough to keep people from participating? Also, what kind of restrictions do you mean?

Kurt Lischka

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com

We've re-organized and narrowed the number of forums to be easier to navigate and less confusing, I hope.

The "All About SoWal" subforum is at the top of the list and you can post pretty much anything there if the other forums aren't obvious choices. Expect it to have the most activity for newcomers, visitors, and those who aren't on the site regularly.

If you're looking for a rental or where your favorite band is playing then the specific forums for that should be pretty obvious. We're open to suggestions on any more changes, additions, mergers.

Last edited:

ProHealth SRB

Beach Lover
Jun 3, 2009
Hi Kurt,
What happened to the "Health & Wellness" forum? I understand the need to reorganize but cutting Health & Wellness??? I enjoy Sowal and hope that heading will be reinstalled.