Forum upgrade 4/17/11 - bug reports, questions, feedback

Discussion in 'SoWal Site Help & Announcements' started by Kurt Lischka, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

:roll:

2. kathydwells

kathydwells Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname

I use Windows SWGB, and I have only always press ALT+Prnt Scrn (print screen button on keyboard) then paste. I don't ever have to hold CTRL+ALT+Shift+Prnt Scrn. Just thought I would pass that on.

Daddy-O, you have a freakin' chomping Gator, :misskitty: is up with that?
    My feelings are hurt, I see no ROLL TIDE's in that smiley list anywhere! I obviously have some format issues because some of my text is all messed up. I will play with the settings though. Other than that, great job on the upgrade! :wave:

3. Kurt Lischka

Kurt Lischka Admin Staff Member

No elefants on the bayou. Only Gatahs.

All I have to press is "print screen". It might depend on the type of keyboard?

4. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Banned

I never used to use the new posts feature. What I liked about the recent posts at the bottom is that it showed the most recent threads from all the forums. If all the most recent posts were from threads in the lounge, that's what you saw. I could very quickly see if anything I was interested in had changed.

5. momof2kids

momof2kids Beach Fanatic

My screen is still jumping like crazy... I'm thinking it has to do with the link at the top that says "be the first of your friends to like this". It keeps trying to refresh, or finish that link. the word "this" keeps showing up twice & one of them disappears. then starts over again & again... help! I can't read any threads with the screen moving up & down...

6. Beauty hunter

Beauty hunter Beach Fanatic

Hey Kurt, Do we need to tweak the private gallery? Some of my pics seem to have become permanently airborne. Also, I was trying to load my water pic on my profile page and couldn't get it to take. There is a great possibility I did it wrong. If you're still working on the system, that's cool, I'll wait. If this is the case, just give us a head's up when it's ready to fly...

7. Kurt Lischka

I sent you a PM - if anyone else is having this problem please let me know your browser version.

Not sure about profile pic - it may be too large.

The photo gallery is changed up a bit so you can upload from the "upload photo" link right from the navbar, or from your profile page "gallery" tab, or go to gallery and upload, browse, etc. from there.

You'll also find all your images:
    http://www.sowal.com/bb/gallery/browseimages.php?c=5&userid=11279

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  8. Andy A

Andy A Beach Fanatic

As you are aware, I'm computer illiterate for all practical purposes as are many of my generation. The new print on the new format is a light blue and hard for me to read compared to what I am typing now and what the color and font were previously. Personally, I like the old format much better as well but maybe it is because I was use to it. My avatar, which I liked, is gone as well and I don't seem to be able to get it back. Thanks for the hard work and I'll suffer through with what I get.

9. momof2kids

momof2kids Beach Fanatic

I'm back in the forum again... Sent you a pm back though. I am on Safari. It's not the "like" button - but the link next to it that says "be the first of your friends to like" that keeps refreshing or trying to make me sick... not sure what it's up to... Just make the page jump up & down. And only when I click on a thread. When I'm on the main forum page it's fine...

10. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

KDW, here's a couple for you:

alabama_smiley.gif

That's the only one I could find, apparently puters and forums aren't big amongst Bama fans.

11. Kurt Lischka

Do you have another browser on your mac you can try? If not might be a good time to try one if you have any interest. firefox and chrome are awesome.

Anyone else have the problem?

12. Douglas the Intrepid

Douglas the Intrepid Beach Fanatic

On the shores of paradise, Seagrove Beach
    I am sorry I didn't explain better. I didn't mean a button on the bottom. I liked the integration of the newests posts showing on the bottom of the main forum page before much better then the current iteration. I never used the new posts option before and I don't think its as functional as the way the main page use to be displayed. Otherwise, great work! :)

13. Kurt Lischka

Gotcha - there are a few features like that I am going to add back a bit at a time.

14. GoodWitch58

GoodWitch58 Beach Fanatic

when I am in the Forum (reading the posts), the name of the Forum does not show up on the far right. I see the word Forum, but not which one it is...if I move my cursor there it will highlight the name, but goes away when I move the cursor.

My screen is still blue, then, white, and jumping around a bit; not as much as before, but still.
    At the moment, I am not finding this as "clean" as before not as easy to read or use..but, I am willing to wait for debugging--and for more time to work with it.

15. DuneAHH

DuneAHH Beach Fanatic

I use Firefox 3.5.
    Thread viewing: The avatar/stat header and sig footer appear extra large and double-triple-spaced while the text in the content section is teeny-weeny-itsy-bitsy-tiny. There aren't any directional spacers to adjust a section size to personal viewing comfort.

New Posts listing: To zoom the print large enough to read, the title section disappears.

I like the old format better than this one. This "upgrade" makes my stomach hurt... no kidding, when my eyes can't see, it makes me sick to my stomach.

Personally, I don't have the inclination to be dealing with 'upgrades' every few months. Apparently it's a fact of life in cyber-world since this constant need for change seems to occur with regularity on just about every site I frequent. Cranky old bats like me find it disruptive and downright irritating.

More than enough change occurs organically in my life... like freakin' monster chin hairs and increasingly poor eyesight that requires ever larger text. I cherish the few things that stay comfortably the same.

Mea Culpa.

16. Kurt Lischka

I don't always enjoy upgrades but they are necessary. The people who want your money make sure of it.

Not that it will resolve your issues but firefox 4.0 is the latest version (and free). Technology means change.

17. GoodWitch58

I'm with you there; where've you been lately? Missed your posts.

18. GoodWitch58

Kurt, I have FF 4.0 and have some of the same problems. My biggest issue right now is the font and color of the posts. Is there a way to change that? Thanks.

19. Beauty hunter

Beauty hunter Beach Fanatic

Hi, I'm clicking the lounge and a white page is coming up. I can click the current lounge thread and it will come up, but then you can't go to another thread in the lounge that way either. If you're working on it at this time, don't worry about it. Thanks

20. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Beach Fanatic

Me too.