Forum upgrade 4/17/11 - bug reports, questions, feedback | Page 9 | SoWal Forum - South Walton Florida
South Walton's Community Website
Beach Like A Local!
Create Account

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:DIt looks really good when you use one eye!

Updated first post with log in info, password help, etc.

The Android App is in the Android Market. Search for "SoWal Forum" - it hasn't been tested so let us know how it works for you. I'd appreciate some feedback. Apple is much slower so Iphone App will be awhile before it's available.

You should post a link with the iphone app, as any iphone owner worth their salt probably has it jailbroken anyhow and can use it right away regardless! :)

Ps. Love the new tweaks and the bringing back the newest posts embedded on main forum page! Thank you!

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
I did a search and it brings up threads that are years old and they are not in chronological order, so I can not find the vendor I was looking for. (insert banging head)

I, too, am having trouble reading the blue lettering. It's too light for me.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
They are back on the forum home as before. Also there is a new posts link at the top of every page on the navbar. You can make it your home page or bookmark it. Check out previous posts in this thread. Also the faq.

There are always lots of different ways to do things on this forum. For instance, check out your settings. You can set your subscriptions so that every thread you reply to is automatically subscribed to, then you have a page which shows all the thread you've replied to and whether there are new posts to them.

just wanted to highlight this. if you like to check the threads you have participated in recently, click settings (next to my profile). I think it was user cp before. make sure you have gone into my account/general settings (on your settings page) and find Default Thread Subscription Mode:. This is where you subscribe to threads automatically. Mine is set to through my control panel only.

to check your threads simply click settings.

Kurt Lischka

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
just wanted to highlight this. if you like to check the threads you have participated in recently, click settings (next to my profile). I think it was user cp before. make sure you have gone into my account/general settings (on your settings page) and find Default Thread Subscription Mode:. This is where you subscribe to threads automatically. Mine is set to through my control panel only.

to check your threads simply click settings.

If you like to tweak and personalize there is a lot of depth here. Another note on subscribing - you can subscribe to threads, forums, photos, etc. You can choose to be notified by email of new posts. You can subscribe to RSS feeds also.

ameliaj

Beach Fanatic
Jun 19, 2007
SoSpal (figure it out)/Seacrest
I keep hitting the "reply to thread" or "new post" button when I want to hit "first unread". I think they are where the old unread button used to be. It may take me a while and a lot of back arrows to break that habit.