• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

WCSO Deputy

Beach Crab
Nov 16, 2008
My partners and I found a precious female Beagle this morning (11/16/08) off of Doodle?s Forest Road in Point Washington. This is between CR 283 and US 331, north of US 98. She has a collar with no ID tag. She is very sweet and appears to be well taken care of. If anyone has any information please post it!!! I am able to take her for a couple of days in hopes that her owner will be found. If I cannot locate the owner within a couple of days, I will turn her over to the Alaqua Animal Refuge. Thank you !!

ShallowsFuzz

Beach Lover
Dec 26, 2006
Point Washington
My partners and I found a precious female Beagle this morning (11/16/08) off of Doodle?s Forest Road in Point Washington. This is between CR 283 and US 331, north of US 98. She has a collar with no ID tag. She is very sweet and appears to be well taken care of. If anyone has any information please post it!!! I am able to take her for a couple of days in hopes that her owner will be found. If I cannot locate the owner within a couple of days, I will turn her over to the Alaqua Animal Refuge. Thank you !!

If you haven't already done so, take her to Dr. Barry's Vet on the west end, they may be able to scan her to see if she has a micro chip. All of ours have them.:wave:

WCSO Deputy

Beach Crab
Nov 16, 2008
I called all the local vets today but no luck on finding the owner :sosad: We are going to take her to get scanned tomorrow. If we can't find the owner, our friend at Alaqua Refuge is going to take her in tomorrow and care for her. She is so well mannered and taken care of I just know she has to have a family.

ShallowsFuzz

Beach Lover
Dec 26, 2006
Point Washington
She'll definitely find a good home. They are great over there. If I didn't already have part of Noah's Ark at my house I would love to have her.
:D

WCSO Deputy

Beach Crab
Nov 16, 2008
We took the beagle to Kindness Pet Hospital and the nice people there scanned her for the chip and she had one!!! We reunited her with her family from Destin. :D Thank you Kindness!

ShallowsFuzz

Beach Lover
Dec 26, 2006
Point Washington
That is wonderful news. Glad to see happy ending.:clap:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Is there some marking or tattoo they could put on the dog when "chipping" them so folks know there is a chip? :dunno:

Tattoo would probably be an issue for show dogs, but would take the guesswork out.

How much does a chip reader cost? Could we trade in some of the unused decibel meters and get one? :D