• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

realtordanielle

Beach Lover
Dec 19, 2008
i know i have seen this breed at a house on W. Pt Washington Rd just past Pt Wash Ct, possibly the 2nd or 3rd house on the left

if it's their dog, his name is "Gator" and his owner works for Shipes Landscaping.

He is wearing a collar but no tags. Unfortunately the guy that got him did not know any better and has taken him to the Walton County Animal Shelter. If you know who he belongs to or can foster, please contact as soon as possible!! I am going to try to attach a picture here, but if I cannot, please contact me and I will send it to you.

realtordanielle

Beach Lover
Dec 19, 2008
Not at the Shelter

As of today, Sat, 01/15/11, this German Shorthair Pointer is NOT on the Walton County Shelter Website. They have Found Dogs Section and he is not there.

Does anyone know where he is now? Maybe he was taken to a different shelter?

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
German SH pointer for sure

OK pet detective-- Maybe he was "rescued" by someone before he could enter the system. That is a beautiful dog, and worth big money if he hunts. Just sayin..... Hope he gets back to his home, or finds a good new one.

realtordanielle

Beach Lover
Dec 19, 2008
I am well aware that the dog could have been taken in or even made it home by now. I was just trying to help the people who started the post. I have spent most of my life in rescue and have a lot of success in finding lost dogs and getting found dogs back home. Even if someone took him in, they are more likely to give the dog back up if you find them quickly and before mind set and attachment have set in. I was just trying to be courteous and help the people that posted initially.

OK pet detective-- Maybe he was "rescued" by someone before he could enter the system. That is a beautiful dog, and worth big money if he hunts. Just sayin..... Hope he gets back to his home, or finds a good new one.

Last edited:

heartbren

Beach Fanatic
Sep 6, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
Whoa!

O.K. I don't know anyone who posted about this dog, but I sure do appreciate anyone who will go to any degree to make sure the dog gets to where it needs to be. I don't think anyone is trying to be a detective it is called saving animals at whatever cost you can. Does anyone know whatever happened to that dog. That is a beautiful dog and anyone that hunts would love to keep it. It is all about the animal and I don't understand all that other stuff.

It also seems like there are a lot of dogs being found loose lately and it really upsets me. Why can't people make sure their gate or yard is secure so their dogs cannot get out and get hurt, snatched or worse. I would just die if I lost my dog and never got him back again.

Now boys and girls lets all get along. I think there have been some full moons lately from the mood people have been in lately. :dunno::eek: Show some love:love:

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
O.K. I don't know anyone who posted about this dog, but I sure do appreciate anyone who will go to any degree to make sure the dog gets to where it needs to be. I don't think anyone is trying to be a detective it is called saving animals at whatever cost you can. Does anyone know whatever happened to that dog. That is a beautiful dog and anyone that hunts would love to keep it. It is all about the animal and I don't understand all that other stuff.

It also seems like there are a lot of dogs being found loose lately and it really upsets me. Why can't people make sure their gate or yard is secure so their dogs cannot get out and get hurt, snatched or worse. I would just die if I lost my dog and never got him back again.

Now boys and girls lets all get along. I think there have been some full moons lately from the mood people have been in lately. :dunno::eek: Show some love:love:
Not sure why being called a pet detective is a bad thing! I was not trying to be snarky, just cute. I have rescued my share, looking at three of them right now. Not to mention the re-homed ones.

heartbren

Beach Fanatic
Sep 6, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
Pet detective

Not sure why being called a pet detective is a bad thing! I was not trying to be snarky, just cute. I have rescued my share, looking at three of them right now. Not to mention the re-homed ones.

It is hard to tell the manner in which things are meant when they are typed rather than when you are talking to someone personally. When talking to someone you can hear their tone and you know how it is meant. That is one thing I hate about email. Sometimes we take things the wrong way because it is just hard to tell when it is just words typed on a page.

Brandelena

Beach Comber
Feb 25, 2010
By the way, this dog is now home with his owner. I saw him on FB and had a friend ask me if I had seen him to contact him because it is his neighbor's dog. Just to update you all. And the person who is being called a pet detective: Good for you. I love people who try to help the helplessness!!

realtordanielle

Beach Lover
Dec 19, 2008
Thanks for the update. I figured he made it home when there were no more responses.

By the way, this dog is now home with his owner. I saw him on FB and had a friend ask me if I had seen him to contact him because it is his neighbor's dog. Just to update you all. And the person who is being called a pet detective: Good for you. I love people who try to help the helplessness!!