• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

water girl

Beach Comber
Feb 25, 2009
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Found near 393 and 30A on Friday, 6/18/2010. Jack Russell/Beagle/Whippet mix. Tan and white, neutered, approx 6 months old. 15-20 lbs, house broken. No collar or id. Call Kim 850-368-6510.

water girl

Beach Comber
Feb 25, 2009
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
I read some of the threads regarding the chocolate lab, and thought I would add some more information about this stray pup I found. He had no collar or identification. He was covered in fleas, I gave him a bath and combed all the dead fleas out. I borrowed a kennel from a friend to keep him from roaming free in my house when I'm not there. I called Alaqua and they are full and cannot accept any dogs at this time. I emailed photos to Alaqua with a description to post on their website. I took him to Alaqua yesterday to have him scanned for a microchip and he does not have one. They gave me medicine for his infestation of tapeworms. I posted his photo and a description on Facebook and emailed several friends. I left a message with Walton Co Animal Control with a description of him, where I found him, and my contact information. I will be calling local vets and other no kill shelters this am to see if they can take him, and follow up with Alaqua to see if they have room. I hope his owners show up, but am in a position of considering what to do with him if they don't. I cannot keep him, cannot even foster him. Anyone out there have a solution?

This little guy would make a great pet. He is good with other dogs, (or at least with mine, I should say) He reacted calmly around the cats at Alaqua. He does not nip, is house broken, but does not seem to know any verbal commands. I have worked with him a little and he is very smart and so sweet. He likes to be on a lap or sofa or bed, which is not allowed in my household. He is doing pretty well with that too.

zip

Beach Lover
Mar 4, 2010
I met this little dog and he is just great. He would make a wonderful pet and is really good and loving with children and everyone. I would take him in a minute if I was not in a rental house. This little dog is very calm and mellow but wants to play and please his owners. I know he will find a forever home.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
WHAT HAPPENED, TO him?

Please, let us know!:dunno: Poor, baby!:dunno:
Found near 393 and 30A on Friday, 6/18/2010. Jack Russell/Beagle/Whippet mix. Tan and white, neutered, approx 6 months old. 15-20 lbs, house broken. No collar or id. Call Kim 850-368-6510.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
What happened, to him?

Please, let us know!:dunno: Poor, baby!:dunno: