• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
MY name is Annie and I'm 13 years old. I've had JESSIE (her real name) since I was 4 years old. And I would just like to thank you for dognapping my dog all the way to Jacksonville. Maybe on day a do-gooder will do you the same way. My brother left the gate open, and Jessie escaped. We looked EVERYWHERE for her. Dog pounds, all over our neighborhood, but it's almost impossible to find a dog when she's locked in a condo room, and take her back all the way across florida the next day. If you really cared about finding her real owners, you would've called the dog pound, or at least posted this before you went to Jacksonville. Anyways, I just wanted to let you know my opinion of the situation. :bang:.

I understand you are upset, but your post is inappropriate.

You have to realize that folks who aren't from here don't realize that a lot of our dogs roam the neighborhood, even if that is not the best idea.

I admit I questioned the action of them taking the dog at first, but immediately realized Eliz was probably doing only what she believed in her heart she needed to do to keep your pooch safe. So whether you agree or not you should be thanking her from the bottom of your heart.

When a dog gets loose, it is the owner's fault, not the fault of the person who finds the pet and tries to help. Be thankful that you are reunited with your best friend. Learn some manners or Jessie may be your only friend.

ann hodnett

Beach Lover
Aug 8, 2008
MY name is Annie and I'm 13 years old. I've had JESSIE (her real name) since I was 4 years old. And I would just like to thank you for dognapping my dog all the way to Jacksonville. Maybe on day a do-gooder will do you the same way. My brother left the gate open, and Jessie escaped. We looked EVERYWHERE for her. Dog pounds, all over our neighborhood, but it's almost impossible to find a dog when she's locked in a condo room, and take her back all the way across florida the next day. If you really cared about finding her real owners, you would've called the dog pound, or at least posted this before you went to Jacksonville. Anyways, I just wanted to let you know my opinion of the situation. :bang:.

A little harsh. No.1) Dognappers don't, usually, advertise their crime on a public forum and publish their phone numbers. No.2) I believe, had you put signs up, someone from this forum would have seen them and helped reunite you with your dog, before a trip to Jax.. No3.) One of my biggest jobs is keeping my animals healthy and safe, although on occasion, have managed to escape. They always have collars and tags with contact info. Had Jessie had tags you would have been reunited that day. No. 4) Had my dog escaped, I would hope someone would pick her up and put her up in a condo with a.c. and safe from being run over. Then they would look at numbers on tags, called me and I would have gone and picked her up. No.5) Eliz seems like a caring person, she was in touch with Alaqua. That would have been the first place I tried, if not here. I mean, she did try. No.6) You have her numbers. Have you not been in touch with her? I believe, IF you want your dog back, she would work with you. If it was my dog I'd be beating a path to Jax., with a thank-you card!
Anyway, that's what I think!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
we can't drive all the way to Jacksonvile, its on the other side of the state

I didn't see this before I posted. I love visiting the Jax area and am overdue for a visit. I may be able to get over there in the next few weeks and would love to have some chocolate company on the way back.

Otherwise I bet we can find someone in Jax area headed this way, if you say please and thank you, you might earn Jessie a ride.

An alternate plan would be to send your brother on the bus since he left the gate open, assuming he is old enough.

gravy not oatmeal

Beach Comber
Jun 16, 2010
Please help---found a beautiful female chocolate lab on Seagrove Beach at Eastern Lake on June 5. No collar, no microchip. Please call--Elizabeth 904-635-9288 or Jack 904-945-2998.
annie t is my best friend and she called me this morning an she was very mad and was about to start crying and i think shes right about every thing and just because the jessie was out ont the streets dosent mean she was abandon every dog wonders off every once in a while, and if annie and her dad could go to get her they would, but her dad is single father and dont have the money to stop every thing there doing and go on a 15 hour drive and and pay you people 300 dollars for there dog back, and thats not including gas money and food money and it would be helpful if you could at less meet them half way scene you did pick her up and drove her a cross florida and i know for a fact that jesse had her collar on and they are were takeing care of the flea problem, its summer and that happens to dogs, and if u really cared about giveing jessie back to them it would be very helpful of u to drop the 300 dollars and meet them half way cuz not every one is rich and has 500 dollars just laying around.
allison c

anniet

Beach Comber
Jun 16, 2010
A little harsh. No.1) Dognappers don't, usually, advertise their crime on a public forum and publish their phone numbers. No.2) I believe, had you put signs up, someone from this forum would have seen them and helped reunite you with your dog, before a trip to Jax.. No3.) One of my biggest jobs is keeping my animals healthy and safe, although on occasion, have managed to escape. They always have collars and tags with contact info. Had Jessie had tags you would have been reunited that day. No. 4) Had my dog escaped, I would hope someone would pick her up and put her up in a condo with a.c. and safe from being run over. Then they would look at numbers on tags, called me and I would have gone and picked her up. No.5) Eliz seems like a caring person, she was in touch with Alaqua. That would have been the first place I tried, if not here. I mean, she did try. No.6) You have her numbers. Have you not been in touch with her? I believe, IF you want your dog back, she would work with you. If it was my dog I'd be beating a path to Jax., with a thank-you card!
Anyway, that's what I think!

this is the last comment i'm answering, and it pretty much explains it all and sums the situationn up.1) dognappers isnt the word foor it, but dont be so literal.
2)I did put signs up. so before judging,look around.3) and jessie DID have a collar, just no i.dtags (i admit, our fault). and dont say "well, maybe its not jessie" because i'm sure it IS her. We lost her the week this was posted, and we live close to eastern lake,very close.4)im okay with the fact they "saved her from being ran over" (which i highly dought would happen bacuase she is 15 lbs. overweight, shes hard to miss), but taking her to jax was overdoing it. 5) i covered that in answer 4, about how she should've taken her to the shelter or pound. 6) yes. i have.
So people, stay out of this please. unless you personally know me or eliz, then butt out.

anniet

Beach Comber
Jun 16, 2010
annie t is my best friend and she called me this morning an she was very mad and was about to start crying and i think shes right about every thing and just because the jessie was out ont the streets dosent mean she was abandon every dog wonders off every once in a while, and if annie and her dad could go to get her they would, but her dad is single father and dont have the money to stop every thing there doing and go on a 15 hour drive and and pay you people 300 dollars for there dog back, and thats not including gas money and food money and it would be helpful if you could at less meet them half way scene you did pick her up and drove her a cross florida and i know for a fact that jesse had her collar on and they are were takeing care of the flea problem, its summer and that happens to dogs, and if u really cared about giveing jessie back to them it would be very helpful of u to drop the 300 dollars and meet them half way cuz not every one is rich and has 500 dollars just laying around.
allison c
THANK YOU! gaaaa no one understands me!!! hi bestie!!

gravy not oatmeal

Beach Comber
Jun 16, 2010
A 10 hour round trip for a dog you've had for 10 years??????
Seems like a no brainer to me:dunno:
this is annies best friend again (alison c) her dad is a single father and dosent have the money to stop working and drive a 15 hour drive there and back were not rich people they dont have money just laying around the house they want 300 dollars 4 the dog plus gas money and food money :angry:

Desso

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2008
Is Jessie coming home?

anniet

Beach Comber
Jun 16, 2010
idk,maybe,if they'll meet us halfway in calhoun county or something, but theres no way we can drive all the way over there

Status
Not open for further replies.