• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anniet

Beach Comber
Jun 16, 2010
Oh Thank You but she is so sweet we just can't part with her now. We took her to the vet and got her shots and she is in great condition just 15 lbs overweight and full of fleas :)

She loves our 1yr old yellow lab and acts like she was always meant to be with him.

I just can't believe that someone left her on the beach!!! She is just perfect how could they do that!

We were only in Seagrove for the week on vacation and the shelters were full so we brought her back to Jacksonville thinking her owners would call. Alaqua has been great to work with---such a very nice facility and people!

thanks for your response!

We didnt leave her on the beach! we know shes a perfect dog, accidents happen!, and she got out of the gate!!

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
1st rule of life!!!!!

You DON'T bite the hand, that feeds you! You seem to really have anger issues and an inability to understand the real situation, here!:bang:People are and have been trying to help you, from the beginning! It seems that your family needs a mediator, to get your pet back, since you don't seem to be able to handle this! Just curious, where are your parents, in all of this?:dunno: Honestly, I'm thinking that the baby needs to stay, where it is! If your parent(s) are not trying to reunite with your pet, that speaks volumes!
well, some people can't just drop everything and travel a 10 hour drive,

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Isn't there a sowaler, in that area?

There are sooo many sowaler's, on this board! Isn't there someone that can help, with the needed transportation?:dunno:Though, I'm concerned about the parent's lack of involvement, at least from this thread! But, I understand that finances are tough, for most people!:blink:

anniet

Beach Comber
Jun 16, 2010
You DON'T bite the hand, that feeds you! You seem to really have anger issues and an inability to understand the real situation, here!:bang:People are and have been trying to help you, from the beginning! It seems that your family needs a mediator, to get your pet back, since you don't seem to be able to handle this! Just curious, where are your parents, in all of this?:dunno: Honestly, I'm thinking that the baby needs to stay, where it is! If your parent(s) are not trying to reunite with your pet, that speaks volumes!
ok, listen. if you were to actually look at other posts you would know this, so onemore time this is the last time i'm saying this. i would be fine with it if they were to find her, and drop her off at a shelter/pound before they left, since we checked the shelters/pounds everyday.[thats kinda the first thing everybody with a brain does when they loose a dog is to call the shelters.] but then taking her all the way across the state and expecting us to come and get her AND pay 400$ for shots that they gave her? did you know thats kinda illegial? and its not like they really expected to find the owners because they gave her shots!nobody just finds a dog while on vacation, takes her a trillion miles away, then gives her shots and really trys to find the owners. they were planning on keeping her. i can assure you, if it wasnt a dog as sweet as jessie [if it was an anorexic homeless dog], then they wouldnt touch her. but if you saw jessie, oyu know its obvious she has a home. and YES my parent(s) are involved!! do you think i would care this much if my parents didnt!? and most likely the onlly reason people dont want me to [as some say] "posting innapropriate comments" [when really i'm stating my opinion] is bcuase this is a tourist website! :eek: oh, how dare i scare away them!!! pshhh.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
ok, listen. if you were to actually look at other posts you would know this, so onemore time this is the last time i'm saying this. i would be fine with it if they were to find her, and drop her off at a shelter/pound before they left, since we checked the shelters/pounds everyday.[thats kinda the first thing everybody with a brain does when they loose a dog is to call the shelters.] but then taking her all the way across the state and expecting us to come and get her AND pay 400$ for shots that they gave her? did you know thats kinda illegial? and its not like they really expected to find the owners because they gave her shots!nobody just finds a dog while on vacation, takes her a trillion miles away, then gives her shots and really trys to find the owners. they were planning on keeping her. i can assure you, if it wasnt a dog as sweet as jessie [if it was an anorexic homeless dog], then they wouldnt touch her. but if you saw jessie, oyu know its obvious she has a home. and YES my parent(s) are involved!! do you think i would care this much if my parents didnt!? and most likely the onlly reason people dont want me to [as some say] "posting innapropriate comments" [when really i'm stating my opinion] is bcuase this is a tourist website! :eek: oh, how dare i scare away them!!! pshhh.

Most folks will not drop a dog at a pound for fear the dog will be put to sleep if no one claims it. We don't know the whole story but it sounds like medical care may have been needed for Jessie. In any case this needs to be worked out calmly.

This is not simply a "tourist website". We keep it real and will tell it like it is. Being young is no excuse for being rude. Again, I understand you are upset, and I sympathize with you, but it is time to calm down and find a solution instead of ranting.

I have suggested a couple of options in post #11, but you have not responded at all. It seems that if you were in favor of finding a solution instead of showing public anger, you would have responded to those who want to help. If you continue in an unproductive way then people will stop wanting to help you.

At this point I think it is important for your parents to know you are posting on this site, and that we are trying to help. They may have other ideas, or wish to handle the whole matter offline.

Sorry if this sounds like a lecture but it's time to fix it instead of letting it stay broken.

Nick

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
I'm pretty quiet on this board, use it for information that affects our property in Walton since we live in GA. But this thread really tugs at me, mainly because I've rescued both of my dogs, one from a shelter and one from a highway.
I really think you're missing the point, no one stole your dog to keep it, if they did I highly doubt they'd have started this post. Pretty much only Taliban commits crimes then uses public communication sources to brag about what they did.
And calm down, you really are painting yourself in a horrible light when, in my opinion, you are surrounded by genuine people that will help you if they can, but if you come across acting like a "female dog" you will only push them away from wanting to help. Just my $0.02.
And I do hope you get your dog back.

Desso

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2008
First of all, how about some empathy for both parties involved. Each did what they thought was best under the circumstances. It's a difficult situation, but not one without precedent. Considering the timeline and actions taken by each party, ownership of Jessie was not transfered. Although Eliz in good faith and caring spirit, transported Jessie to Jacksonville and incurred a substantial vet bill in doing so. It does not make Jessie her dog. Simple as that. She cannot legally keep the dog or require payment of vet services in exchange for the dog. Unless the dog needed some type of emergency treatment and the owner could not be contacted, there is a possibility the actual owner could be held responsible for the vet bills. Outside the legal question, of course there is the moral or the "right thing to do". That is up to individuals. Let's not pretend we always make the right decisions about things and condemn others for not doing what we would do. Eliz did take drastic measures to insure the health and safety of Jessie and that should be commended, however, Annie should get her dog back as soon as possible. Unfortunately, depending on the actions of each party, this could become a criminal or a civil matter. As far as Annie's rude and emotional "rantings", I've seen way worse on this site over far less.

Last edited:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
First of all, how about some empathy for both parties involved. Each did what they thought was best under the circumstances. It's a difficult situation, but not one without precedent. Considering the timeline and actions taken by each party, ownership of Jessie was not transfered. Although Eliz in good faith and caring spirit, transported Jessie to Jacksonville and incurred a substantial vet bill in doing so. It does not make Jessie her dog. Simple as that. She cannot legally keep the dog or require payment of vet services in exchange for the dog. Unless the dog needed some type of emergency treatment and the owner could not be contacted, there is a possibility the actual owner could be held responsible for the vet bills. Outside the legal question, of course there is the moral or the "right thing to do". That is up to individuals. Let's not pretend we always make the right decisions about things and condemn others for not doing what we would do. Eliz did take drastic measures to insure the health and safety of Jessie and that should be commended, however, Annie should get her dog back as soon as possible. Unfortunately, depending on the actions of each party, this could become a criminal or a civil matter. As far as Annie's rude and emotional "rantings", I've seen way worse on this site over far less.

Good post - but a rant in itself is not the problem until it continues and gets in the way of a real dialog and a solution. If the only purpose is to rant or retaliate then no help can be offered or received.

Desso

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2008
I agree Kurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.