• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
I do not know the owners but my neighbors do and I called them and gave them info. I do not know why this owner lets this dog run wild all, all , the time.

Something most of us have a hard time understanding. Obviously the little pup is not being well taken care. He sure cleans up nicely. Diane, you rock. I hope the owner appreciates what you've done but not sure that they will. Just know that you did the right thing. :clap: Our neighbors let a little 7lb white toy poodle run the streets before I asked if we could adopt her. She had 4 boys under the age of 6 at the time. What the heck were they doing with a little toy poodle in the first place is beyond me.:roll: It took a couple of years of undoing whatever they did but now we have a very good well behaved loving dog.

DiDa723

Beach Comber
Apr 12, 2007
Hoorraayyy!!:clap::clap::clap:

"Chewey" (short for Chewbacca) is now back at home with his human "Uncle Earl". Thanks to everyone for your help and MaxxandMe for knowing the magic link.

On a sad note while I was there he ran right off again, so Earl got in his truck to go get him. Think this will happen again, I'm sad to say. When I told Uncle Earl that he had been bathed with a major flea prep and I gave him a Capstar and put a 30-day Frontline on him.... Earl jokingly said "Maybe there's something to this! He can get rescued every week if he's going to get all this" :funn:

I told him to keep my number and if it gets too much for him (he has three other dogs) to call me... I would find him a good home. Don't think that is going to happen, but Chewey might be a lot better off being cared for appropriately. I'm afraid he might meet his fate on 30-A. :cry:

We'll chalk this one up for experience!

Thanks again SoWalers! You're the ones who rock!

Bye for now :wave:

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Jul 16, 2005
Birmingham and Watersound
Hoorraayyy!!:clap::clap::clap:

"Chewey" (short for Chewbacca) is now back at home with his human "Uncle Earl". Thanks to everyone for your help and MaxxandMe for knowing the magic link.

On a sad note while I was there he ran right off again, so Earl got in his truck to go get him. Think this will happen again, I'm sad to say. When I told Uncle Earl that he had been bathed with a major flea prep and I gave him a Capstar and put a 30-day Frontline on him.... Earl jokingly said "Maybe there's something to this! He can get rescued every week if he's going to get all this" :funn:

I told him to keep my number and if it gets too much for him (he has three other dogs) to call me... I would find him a good home. Don't think that is going to happen, but Chewey might be a lot better off being cared for appropriately. I'm afraid he might meet his fate on 30-A. :cry:

We'll chalk this one up for experience!

Thanks again SoWalers! You're the ones who rock!

Bye for now :wave:

Thanks DiDa723 for trying to take care of him. At least he will be without fleas for a little while. He is too cute for colored tv.

MaxxandMe

Beach Lover
Feb 27, 2007
Seagrove Beach
I cant believe it , coming home tonight 7:00 who is roaming the streets of San Juan headed to 30-A but Chewy. I tried to get him in my car he would not get in. I just cant believe that people would let him roam like this. I am so afraid he is going to get hit by a car. What can we do? People like this should not have dogs. I am going to go and try to get him. Any suggestions call me 685-2129 or pm me. Thanks

havinadaydream

Beach Comber
Sep 4, 2006
We have four dogs - a minpin, a mini schnauzer, a very old, tiny, and cranky yorkie, and a rescue greyhound. The yorkie is also a rescue; she's about 14 years old and I got her when she was about one year old. She was sooooo matted and neglected.

DiDa723

Beach Comber
Apr 12, 2007
I cant believe it , coming home tonight 7:00 who is roaming the streets of San Juan headed to 30-A but Chewy. I tried to get him in my car he would not get in. I just cant believe that people would let him roam like this. I am so afraid he is going to get hit by a car. What can we do? People like this should not have dogs. I am going to go and try to get him. Any suggestions call me 685-2129 or pm me. Thanks

I'm not sure what the answer is here... Uncle Earl is an older gent that seems pretty "old school" and doesn't like to conform to today's rules and regulations. I suggested that he repair his fence so he could keep Chewey contained, and he said he needed to, but obviously that hasn't taken place. I'm going to check with Laurie Hood with Alaqua Refuge to see if they are now getting some of the animal control pick ups (that was decided on by Walton County several months ago) instead of Chipley.:clap:
She runs a terrific facility in Freeport www.alaquaanimalrefuge.com and if it all went through the proper channels, I would think that then he could be adopted to a more suitable home with fenced yard fi Earl isn't willing to comply. It may be Monday before I have some answers because I'll be tied up most of the day with the EC Wildlife Refuge's Dolphin Cruise in Destin... but in the meantime I sure hope he doesn't get hit by a car.

Any one with additional ideas is welcome to jump in here too! :D

Thanks for caring everyone!

Poor Chewey!! If I could afford it, I would so adopt him!! Although I'd feel horrible that he's pretty much someone else's dog.

That man needs to fix his fence!! A sweet dog like that can't just be running around town!!!