• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
We were at Redfish Village tonight for their weekly Friday night soiree when I heard that some of the staff there found a stray dog. When I heard they didn't have any options for him tonight and planned to let him go ("so his owners could find him") I realized I couldn't let that happen...

So...

He's here at our house for the night...

Pls help me get him to his rightful owners or, in the interim, pls foster him...

He is a yellow lab- at least that is the most likely breed. He could have some New Foundland (per my wife) but I don't know...

He is very well mannered. Was a little skittish initially but is getting over that quickly. He is showing around the waist that he has been hungry. He is not neutered. He has nice teeth. He seems like he is someone's lost pet rather than a homeless dude. He took naturally to the car like he is used to going for a ride...

Here is a pic. Pls help me get the word out. I was so encourgaged when i saw the lost American Bulldog get reunited with its owner with the help of Kurt's special medium here. Hopefully we get the same outcome and we get it fast...

He is great but he can't stay here...

PM me for info/with info...

Last edited:

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Can anyone take him?

Can anyone take him? I called Animal Control and it is likely that they can't pick him up until Monday...

He is a really good dog but he has one thing on his mind- my female Boxer. He is a little too friendly and she is saving herself for marriage...
:lol:

I really can't keep him here. I only took him last night because the people who found him were going to let him loose and I don't want him harmed...

Pls help...

4dogs

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
finding his home

It is Saturday so many of the local vets are closed. Some are open untill noon. Call them all and let them know that you have found this dog. The owner may be calling vets as well.
Don't forget to call Gulf Winds Animal Hospital 233-8383
If you can take him to Barry Vet they can scan him for a micro chip.
He is beautiful and I know his owner must be going crazy.
To bad he did not have a i.d. tag on.
I have a scanner by I am on my way to DFS for the Alford benefit. If you don't get him to Barry's pm me and I will make arrangements to scan him for you on Sunday.
You could also put up some signs in the area that he was found in.

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
It is Saturday so many of the local vets are closed. Some are open untill noon. Call them all and let them know that you have found this dog. The owner may be calling vets as well.
Don't forget to call Gulf Winds Animal Hospital 233-8383
If you can take him to Barry Vet they can scan him for a micro chip.
He is beautiful and I know his owner must be going crazy.
To bad he did not have a i.d. tag on.
I have a scanner by I am on my way to DFS for the Alford benefit. If you don't get him to Barry's pm me and I will make arrangements to scan him for you on Sunday.
You could also put up some signs in the area that he was found in.

Thx!
Barry is our vet and I have an appointment to get him scanned this morning. Will post an update...

G

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Dog isn't chipped...

Animal Control came over and said they thought the dog's name is Kiko and that he belongs to a Hispanic family in a nearby trailer park. I have their address...

He told me that he returned the dog to these folks more than once (they leave it loose) and that they received a citation in the past. He said after that they tied it up- FOR GOOD :eek: and that over time its collar went into its neck until a neighbor noticed and freed him...

When the Animal Control truck pulled up in front of the house the dog seemed afraid- took steps backward from the window and then hid behind me...

When the officer came to the door and I opened it the dog saw him he growled at him.

Animal Control said if they took him that they would hold him for 7 days and then he will be put down...

I don't want to give him a death sentence...
So I told animal control to give me a few days. No one in my house felt good about us handing him over to Animal Control- especially the dog (based on his reaction to the AC officer and his truck)...

Anyone? Can u help?

aggieb

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2007
ibx
are you 100% positive you can't keep him? if we resided there, i would take him off your hands in a heartbeat, he's a handsome fella. good luck, he definitely needs a loving home.

Last edited:

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
We already have 2 (rescued) 80+ pound-dogs in a rental house, or I would take him in a heartbeat. He's a beautiful dog.

Come on sowallers. If you can't take him, don't you have friends/relatives with yards who want a great dog?

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Alaqua may not be able to take dogs at this time, but there is another rescue organization in DeFuniak. I have no reference on them, but I think abused dogs are their specialty.

There is also an active Labrador Rescue in the greater Emerald Coast area. They were advertising in the Walton Sun in the last couple of weeks. Even if your guy is a mix, he's definitely more Lab than anything.

I'm sorry I don't have phone numbers...but wish you luck!