• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mvy

Beach Lover
Sep 20, 2008
This was on my facebook wall last night from a friend in Dallas. Don't know if anyone here is interested, but this is a tragic posting.

~ FREE ~ HORSES ~ Posting for a friend: 52 thoroughbred horses need homes. Will go to Sugarcreek this Sat. for slaughter. Gentleman died, his son wants nothing to do with them. Most broodmares are broke and some are in foal, yearlings, 2 yrs and 3 yrs old most are gelded. FREE and papered. Friend of the deceased is trying to find homes. 440-463-4288 Barnesville. Please copy and paste this.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Fluffygirl tell your friend to contact "Save the Horses" in Cumming, Ga., #770-886-5419. Their website is savethehorses.org and I have donated money to them in the past. They are also funded by the American Humane Association. It has been my experience that not all items on facebook are completely factual or current but if this is a legitimate concern please call this organization. I hope this has been helpful.

Last edited:

mvy

Beach Lover
Sep 20, 2008
It is in Texas. Thanks for your replies. I'll relay the info to my friend.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
This was posted on FB by friends in Louisville too. And apparently it was last year.
Glad that people want to help - everywhere.
The danger, the power of the internet:)
Ellen

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I saw this last year too, but it does help raise the awareness that there are big four footed animals that need homes too. Old Friends is a great retirement farm, and they accept donations. If you "like" them on FB, you get lots of great status updates. If a horse is lucky enough to get to Old Friends, they have a pretty cushy life.

http://www.oldfriendsequine.org/