Free installation on a beautiful custom designed Kitchen Backsplashes

Discussion in 'Business, Goods and Services' started by Sophiasnana, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Sophiasnana

Sophiasnana Beach Comber

Destin House Keeping is offering free installation on a hard tile Kitchen Backsplash with no mess, no noise and no wet saw insight. If you agree to twelve cleanings a year the installation on a custom kitchen backsplash is FREE! This is a great opportunity to update your vacation rental, at a fraction of the cost. We dress kitchens and clean vacation rental?s for success!:clap: Visit us at www.destinhousekeeping.com or www.austintilelady.com

2. Sophiasnana

Sophiasnana Beach Comber

I am just wondering how many people on here have a kitchen backsplash? If you do what do you like about it? If you don't have one WHY?

3. Sophiasnana

Sophiasnana Beach Comber

Do you have a Kitchen Backsplash?

Do you have a kitchen backsplash? If you do; Do you like it? If you don't; Why?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  4. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

Yes, it's much easier to clean splatters off of than paint.

5. scooterbug44

scooterbug44 SoWal Expert

No, and it's hell on the wall!

6. Here4Good

Here4Good Beach Fanatic

We didn't, at first, then after a couple of years in the house we installed a glass mosaic tile backsplash ourselves - and the tile is much, much better. Easier to clean, and really beautiful.

It was easy to install, too, since we had just drywall there. We were able to get really good tile, since we did the installation ourselves.

7. FloridaBuckeye

FloridaBuckeye Beach Lover

Yes, we actually put 6" floor tile as our back splash and we love it! So easy to keep clean!

8. Sophiasnana

Sophiasnana Beach Comber

Question not one answer

I take it no one on this forum likes nor has a kitchen backsplash. Funny this area seems to not care if they have one or not. In Texas the kitchen would be classified as incomplete without one. Every place is different.

9. meigsart

meigsart Beach Lover

backsplash

I'll admit ....I use a wet saw.

10. florida girl

florida girl Beach Fanatic

Awesome! :cool:

11. PalmBeach

PalmBeach Beach Lover

We have white subway tile that we installed. It's great!

12. Gidget

Gidget Beach Fanatic

Anyone have a pic to share? We are getting to that point in construction. $$ is dwindling, so BUDGET is always in mind.

Thanks
    G

13. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

Don't rush into it, but you may want to consider using a concrete backing so tile would be simple. A little costlier than drywall, but it's worth it in the long run.

14. jpbhen

jpbhen Beach Fanatic

we originally did not have a backsplash, but lately decided that we really needed one. we are NOT handy, and did not want to spend a lot of $$. we found a terrific product at Home Depot in the kitchen cabinet area. it is some kind of vinyl or plastic that is made to look exactly like vintage pressed tin. our son used it in a nickel finish in his tn condo - HD had it in stock along with all of the edges, tape, etc - you trim it with a scissors. we have a white kitchen here, and ordered it in gloss white - it is awesome!! i think you can also get it in a paintable finish. they have a brochure that shows you what is available - copper, stainless, etc etc. some they stock, some you have to order. we installed it about a year ago and could not be happier with it. looks great - easy to install - easy cleanup. inexpensive. i may be able to find a picture of our son's backsplash to post.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2010
  15. tralman

tralman Beach Comber

Backsplash on our house

We used Holly Shipman to do one in our Rosemary Beach house. She has a great eye for this, and is very reasonable. Her number is 850-510-6777

16. Sophiasnana

Sophiasnana Beach Comber

Thanks to everyone who answered my question?

Now My next question is for those of you who installed your own kitchen backsplash.

Did you rent a wet saw?

Did you buy the installation tools sponges, trowels, grout floats, buckets etc.?

What part of the process did you enjoy the most?

On a scale of 1 to 10 1 being you disliked completely to 10 you really enjoyed running a wet saw or a score and snap cutter?

Last question for now, If you could have had your entire kitchen backsplash delivered to your door already custom designed to fit your kitchen backsplash area, every tile was already precut to fit the entire area within 1/16" of an inch (Perfect Fit) all over, along with all of the materials and supplies required to install it and lets say you also would have been able to install all of it within hours, all of this lets say for 150.00 to 200.00 dollars more then what you paid to cut it yourself would you have been interested? You would also be minus the wet saw, mess, noise etc.

I will post a picture of an example of a kitchen backsplash that was precut and installed in six hours just as an example.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/memb...cksplashes-pic17867-kitchenbacksplash079.html

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  17. poppy

poppy Banned

My son and I purchased a cheap wet tile saw years ago for the same price of a rental and have used it many times since then. You can't have too many tools.

FREE SHIPPING ? Northern Industrial Wet Tile Saw ? 7in. Blade Size | Tile Saws | Northern Tool + Equipment

18. Sophiasnana

Sophiasnana Beach Comber

Wet Saws in Highrises?

Thanks for the link to the wet saw. I am sure the people that like cutting tiles will enjoy that. Part of my question was would you have been interested in a precut kitchen backsplash as I mentioned before or did you just really enjoy running the wet saw and guessing at the outcome of your kitchen backsplash? Also are you in a highrise or house?

19. Douglas the Intrepid

Douglas the Intrepid Beach Fanatic

On the shores of paradise, Seagrove Beach
    If you are selling kitchen backsplashs, why don't you just come out and say it instead of trying (not to successfully) to lead people into your sales pitch?! :dunno:

20. Lynnie

Lynnie SoWal Insider

I have backsplashes installed by professionals (one cut in their work warehouse and one cut in my front yard). Was this a sales pitch?