Full page ad looking for info about judiciary malfeasance

Discussion in 'Local Government and Groups' started by Bob Hudson, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Bob Hudson

Bob Hudson Beach Fanatic

This full page ad appears in the Daily News today. Wonder how many "tips" it has received. Very interesting.

Ad.jpg

2. Andy A

Andy A Beach Fanatic

Yes, very interesting. I wonder what is the expected results.

3. Bob Wells

Bob Wells Beach Fanatic

I wonder how many credible tips they have received? That's like doing newspaper poll and using it to support your position, I vote in them 10 times to help my cause. Oops got something more to sent to the yahoo email, I may be hitting the jackpot on this one, yippppppeeeeee.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  4. Bob Hudson

Bob Hudson Beach Fanatic

A full page ad in the Daily News is not cheap. Ad has run for two days. Hmmm.

5. Bob Wells

Bob Wells Beach Fanatic

No question about the expense, but these PAC's and some of these other groups, trying to find something, have the money. Think about it, Could be Governor Scott going after the judiciary, he wanted some changes last year if I remember correctly. I think it was kind of like the legislature, did giving up some of its power to the Governor.

6. graytonbeachguy

graytonbeachguy Beach Fanatic

I think it is a disgruntled litigant. Just because he is disgruntled, however, doesn't mean he doesn't have a point to make.

7. j p nettles

j p nettles Banned

The problem with filing a complaint through the proper channels is that state agencies like the Ethics Commission and Elections commission keep it confidential until they find nothing wrong and then they send a copy of the complaint to the public official who probably is guilty as sin. And has either agency ever found any wrongdoing? I don't think so. Then the official can use their political connections to "punish" the people who file the complaints.

8. liz coats

liz coats Beach Comber

If all the judges, public officials, lawyers and other so called public servants were to be held accountable for their misconduct there wouldn't be many in those positions with jobs. And more prisons would need to be built to house them.

9. Andy A

Andy A Beach Fanatic

Do you see any of the above doing any good at all? If so, what is it and what do you propose to take the place of the governmental system we now have in place? A succinct would be appreciated.